How To Activate A New iPhone
Theres nothing better than that feeling of unboxing a newiPhone. However, if you are setting up either a used a new iPhone, youll needto activate it to get cell service. The good news is that activation is part ofthe initial phone setup and should only take you a few moments. But you do anactivated sim card in order to use it. Nonetheless, sometimes activation can betricky. Thats why weve put together this guide for you on how to activate newiPhones quickly and easily. Youll be able to troubleshoot any problems andwork around issues so you can have your iPhone up and running in no time.
Using Itunes To Troubleshoot iPhone 13 Not Activating Verizon
If your new iPhone 13 not activating after trying all solutions above, it is recommended that you use iTunes to troubleshoot iPhone 13. The troubleshooting will determine the right solution to use.
Here are the steps to take for troubleshooting iPhone 13 not activating Verizon:
- Foremost, you need to make sure that your computer has the latest version of iTunes. Please, you should also ensure that your internet connection is good.
- Use your original Apple USB cable to connect your computer and iPhone. After this, you should look for your iPhone on your computer.
- The computer should detect and activate your iPhone automatically. It should be noted that this step can take some minutes.
If you get a message that says Restore from Backup or Set up as New, your device is activated. So, you dont need to do anything about it.
- However, if an error message is displayed on the screen, your SIM card may be invalid or incompatible. So, you have to get in touch with your network provider to find a solution.
Also, if you see activation information could not be obtained from the device or activation information was invalid on the screen, you should restore your device with recovery mode.
Scan A Qr Code Or Use A Carrier App
If your carrier doesnt support eSIM Carrier Activation or eSIM Quick Transfer, you can scan a QR code from your carrier instead.
To activate your eSIM while setting up your iPhone:
To activate your eSIM after you set up your iPhone, contact your carrier to get a QR code. Then, follow these steps:
If you’re asked to enter a confirmation code to activate the eSIM, enter the number that your carrier provided.
If your carrier supports activating eSIM using an app, download your carriers app from the App Store and follow the instructions.
You May Like: How Do I Check Location On iPhone
Preparation Before New iPhone 13 Activating And Setup
How To Activate Your New iPhone 13 And 13 Pro
If you just got the latest iPhone 13 or 13 Pro, the first thing you will need to do is activate it to get it to work.
If you have a previous iPhone, make sure you have disabled the Find My Phone service on it. Some people are reporting that this is what has been causing them issues during the activation process.
After doing that, just follow these steps and you should be good to go:
Don’t Miss: Why Do I Have Duplicate Contacts On My iPhone
How To Transfer Data From Phone To New iPhone
Although QuickStart and Move to iOS are convenient enough for iPhone new users, there are some third-party tools that are able to offer a better experience in transferring data to the iPhone. After activating and setting up a new iPhone, you may also want to move important data from your old phone, especially Android phones, to the new iPhone, as Move to iOS would only transfer part of Android data to the iPhone. If you prefer an easy and quick solution, then AnyTrans can help you make it. It supports all iPhone models as well as iOS 15.
- No need to use iTunes or iCloud, saving you from many troubles.
- One-click to transfer data from an Android/iPhone to a new iPhone.
- Superfast transferring speed, greatly save your time.
- Unlike iTunes or iCloud, no data loss risk.
* 100% Clean & Safe
Now, on your computer firstly, and then follow us to learn how to transfer data from an iPhone or Android phone to your new iPhone.
How To Transfer Everything To The New iPhone
So, youve unboxed your iPhone, turned it on, and now youre at the Apps & Data screen, where you have three options to choose from.
Option 1: Restore from backup
Be patient with the restore process. It can take up to a couple of hours, depending on the size of your backup.
Option 2: Restore from Mac or PC
Option 3: Transfer directly from iPhone
Make sure to keep your phones near each other until the transfer and set up are finished.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Facebook Marketplace On iPhone
Preparations And Attentions Before The Setup
Before setting up a new iPhone, there are some notes you can take a look at. These preparations can help you complete the activation more smoothly.
â If you want to transfer old iPhone data to new iPhone, you can first backup your old iPhone with iCloud or iTunes. Then you can choose to restore from the backup when activating the new iPhone. â If you want to transfer data from the Android phone to new iPhone, you can download Move to iOS app on Android phone from Google Play.â If you have already set up your new iPhone but want to start over, you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to erase the device.
How To Transfer Data From Android To New iPhone 13
You can also transfer data from Android to iPhone 13 with the help of the “Move to iOS” application. The application was developed by Apple to transfer contacts, message history, photos, and videos between Android to iOS. The steps are as follows:
- 1. From your Android, go to Google Play Store and download “Move to iOS”.
- 2. Power on your iPhone and follow the prompts until Apps & Data screen appears.
- 3. After that, select “Move Data from Android”.
4. A ten-digit or six-digit code will appear on your iPhone.
- 5. Launch Move to iOS on your Android. Tap Continue > Agree > Next.
- 6. Now, enter the code on your Android device.
- 7. After that, choose what you want to transfer to your iPhone 13 and hit Next.
Read Also: How To Get Aol Mail On iPhone
Transfer Data From Android To New iPhone 13
Preparation:Download Move to iOS app from Google Play on Android phone Connect both devices to Wi-Fi network Make sure the phones have enough power.
1. Set up your iPhone until you see the App & Data screen > Choose Move Data from Android.
2. On your Android phone: Open Move to iOS app > Tap Continue > Read the terms and conditions that appear and tap Agree > Tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
3. On your new iPhone: Tap Continue > Wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear.
4. On your Android phone: Enter the code > Wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear > Choose the content you want to transfer and tap Next.
Note: Please leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes even you see the transfer complete notice on your Android phone.
5. It may take a while to finish the transfer depending on how much content you’re moving. After the loading bar finishes on your iOS device, tap Done on Android phone > Tap Continue on new iPhone and follow the onscreen steps to complete the setup process.
Do I Need To Put My Old Sim Card In My New iPhone 13
It has no other data or apps. You do not need the old SIM card installed in the new iPhone to transfer data. This can be done over a Wi-Fi Network. Eventually you will need the old SIM card installed in the new iPhone to setup the Messages and FaceTime apps that use your phone number…. read more
Also Check: How Do I Make The Font Bigger On My iPhone
How To Activate A New iPhone In A Few Steps
Most of the time, it should be very simple for you to activatean iPhone. If youve bought the phone new at an Apple Store, cellular provider,or major retailers, its likely you already have a Sim Card installed.
If it is not, however, youll have to do insert the SIM card.Power the phone off then eject the SIM card tray.
The Most Common Cause Of Verizon iPhone 13 Not Activating Error
In lots of instances, you can experience an iPhone 13 pro max not activating error when you travel from one place to another. This could be because of the changes in the network carrier. Nonetheless, other issues could be equally responsible.
Here is a list of the possible reasons for iPhone 13 not activating Verizon:
- Poor internet connection could prevent your iPhone from activating.
- Your SIM card could be faulty. In other cases, it could be activated and use for some frauds.
- The SIM card inside your iPhone is not compatible with the device. This could happen because the device is locked.
- The activation systems of Apple or your carrier could be down.
- The motherboard of your iPhone could be having a problem.
Read Also: How To Add Songs To Playlist On iPhone
Way : Restart Your iPhone 13
Restarting your smartphone is one of the simplest ways to troubleshoot the iPhone 13 pro waiting for activation issue. Sometimes, a minor bug or glitch in the iPhones system obstructs its working and causes the activation error. This method takes hardly a few seconds so, its worth a try:
Press and hold the Side button and Volume Up or Down button simultaneously until you see the power slider on the screen.
Drag the Power slider to turn your device off.
Wait for at least 30 seconds before long-pressing the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
How To Switch Your Apple Watch To Your New iPhone
After you transfer everything from your old iPhone, when you open the Watch app on your new phone, it should ask you to confirm if you want to use your watch. If the app asks you to pair your Apple Watch, youll need to unpair it from your old iPhone. Heres how to unpair your Apple Watch:
Once that process is complete, you can follow the steps in the Watch app on your new phone to pair the two together.
Also Check: How To Add Battery Percentage On iPhone 11
How Do You Install A Dual Sim iPhone 13
So if you want to add in the electronic themes you go into settings from the home screen. And in settings you go down and tap on cellular in cellular you go down. Is SIM required to activate iPhone? If you’re setting up a new or used iPhone, you’ll need to activate your iPhone with a cellular service provider. Activating your iPhone will involve inserting a SIM card into it and connecting to your cellular service provider.
How Do I Know If My Phone Is Activated
If you are an Android user, you can easily check your phones activation date using its IMEI. Visit imei.info by clicking the link. Open your phones dialer and type *#06# to find out the IMEI number of your device. Type your phones IMEI number in the box that says Enter IMEI. Click on the Check button.
You May Like: How Do You Show Your Battery Percentage On iPhone 11
Does iPhone 13 Need A Sim Card
Yes, iPhone 13 devices need a SIM card in order to be able to connect to a cellular network. The SIM card is used to store information such as the users phone number and subscription details. Without a SIM card, the iPhone 13 will not be able to connect to a cellular network and make or receive phone calls, texts, or use data.
Still Having Problems With Activation
Activating your iPhone should be one of the easiest steps whenit comes to configuring a new phone. However, you might still run into problemsfor a variety of reasons. If this is the case, youll need to contact yourtelecom service provider along with Apple. In some cases, you may have a lockedsim card to a specific phone or another issue. And in very rare instances,Apple may just need to replace your iPhone with a new one. Whatever the case,theyll be able to sort you out and you up and running in no time!
And after youve successfully transitioned to a new iPhone, makesure you get the best value for your old iPhone by selling to Buyback Boss.Buyback Boss offers the highest phone resale value guaranteed. And with BuybackBoss, selling your phone is easy. to get an instant quote on your phone. Then print out your freeshipping label and youll receive either a PayPal deposit or a check in themail in as little as a few days. Its that easy. So what are you waiting for?Check it out now!
For all things Apple and iPhone, head on over to our blog. Here you can pick up a wide array of tips such as how to transfer contacts between Android and iPhone, what to do if apps wont update, and much more.With all these great Apple articles, youll become an iPhone expert before you know it!
Recommended Reading: How To Screenshot On iPhone 5s
Transfer Data From iPhone To New iPhone 13
There are two methods you can try to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone. If you want to transfer all iPhone content & settings wirelessly, you can make use of Quick Start. If your old iPhone does not support the feature, you can try one professional transfer tool – FoneTool.
Steps to Transfer Data to New iPhone via Quick Start
Be aware that the Quick Start will occupy both the current iPhone and the iPhone which means that they are otherwise unusable.
1. Place your new iPhone near the current iPhone. The Quick Start screen will appear on your current iPhone and offers the option of using your Apple ID to set up your new iPhone.
2. Make sure that it’s the Apple ID that you want to use, then tap Continue. If you don’t see the option to continue on your current device, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
3. An animation will appear on your new iPhone > Hold your old iPhone over the new iPhone, then center the animation in the viewfinder > Wait for a message that says Finish on New iPhone.
Note: If you can’t use your current iPhone camera, tap Authenticate Manually. You will receive an authentication code on your new iPhone, enter that code on the current iPhone.
4. Enter your current iPhone passcode on new iPhone.
5. Follow the instructions to set up Face ID or Touch ID on your new iPhone. When asked, enter your Apple ID password on your new iPhone.
Steps to Transfer Selected Data to New iPhone
1. Launch FoneTool > Connect the current iPhone and new iPhone.