Incorrect Fetch Settings On iPhone
If your settings are correct, but you still having issueswith receiving/sending emails, the cause could be incorrect Fetch settings.
Open Settings app, tap on Passwords & Accounts and tapon Fetch New Data line.
Find your Comcast account and check the setting. Fetch NewData is a feature that allows the user to select how often the device checksfor new emails. It may have one of three values: Push, Fetch, or Manual.
If the setting is set to Push, then the mail server will send new emails directly to your phone.
If it is set to Fetch, then your iPhone will periodically ask the server for new emails. The frequency of the periodic checks depends on your settings.
If it is set to 30 min, then you may get your emails after 30 min they were sent.
And finally, there is a Manual setting. If you have FetchNew Data set to Manual, you will not get any emails until you open the Mail appand refresh.
Why are there three settings, and why not have it set toPush always? Push uses more battery and can greatly impact the battery life.
I have multiple Mail apps on my iPhone, and I only set Pushfor those that I need instantaneous notifications, e.g., work.
Troubleshooting Option : Try To Reset Your Password
As a human tendency, it might be possible that youve entered the incorrect password of your Comcast email account. Thus, type slowly to make sure that youre entering the correct password while taking the extra precaution of the Upper and lowercase letters as passwords are case-sensitive. However, if that also doesnt work then, try resetting your password, and for that
- Visit the official website of Comcast using this link idm.xfinity.com.
- And, there tap on the sign-in button to click on the Forgot Password link.
- Once you click on the same, Comcast will offer you various options to reset your Comcast email account password. After changing your password now, try the same whether this will help or not.
How To Save Comcast Email To Computer Complete Review
- Put all the required details of the Comcast email account in the panel.
- Tick on the desired folders of Comcast messages in the list.
- This solution offers so many file-saving options. Here, picks the desire option in the list.
- Now the time, you can change or choose the resultant path to save your Comcast data at user computer location.
- In the final set up press the backup button to start Comcast to Computer backup process.
Don’t Miss: Confetti On Ios 10
Probable Reasons Why Comcast Email Is Not Working On Your Ios Device
- There must be some sort of internet connection issue with your iPhone.
- It is possible that there is not enough space available for your Comcast email to function properly.
- The user might have an old version of the operating system.
- It may be a possibility that any third-party apps on your iPhone might be interfering or blocking the Comcast email from working properly.
- It may be possible that you are trying to access your email account of Comcast with the use of an incorrect email address and password.
- Something might be malfunctioning in your devices operating system as that may also cause this issue.
These are some of the probable reasons why Comcast email is not working on your iPad or iPhone. Now that we know about the reason behind the occurrence of this issue, let us take a look at some of the simple methods that one can use to fix this issue with relative ease.
S To Set Up Comcast Email On iPhone Or iPad
NOTE: The information provided below to set up your Comcast email account on iPhone or iPad may vary from iPhone or iPad models. The instructions are for the reference purpose only.
1.) On your iPhone, you will need to tap on the Mail client app.
2.) Once the Mail client app gets opened on your screen, tap on the Other option on the Welcome to Mail screen.
3.) On the next screen where you will be prompted to add New Account, you will need to enter the credentials of your Comcast Email account. Enter Name, Email, Password, and Description . After entering the required information, tap on the Next button located on the top-right corner of your screen.
4.) Wait until the information gets verified. If all the credentials enter by you are correct, you will see a Tick mark next to the option. This will indicate that your Comcast.net email account will be configured on your iPhone Mail client.
5.) After the verification, your Comcast email will be set up as IMAP by default. In the image below, you can see on the top of the screen showing IMAP.
6.) Simply tap on the Save button after making the desired changes in Mail and Notes option on the given screen. As you will tap on the Save button, you will see Mail client trying to add your Comcast email account. See image below.
8.) Simply tap on any folder, say Inbox, you will be able to see all the emails you have received in your Comcast email account.
You May Like: How To Remove iPhone 5s Battery
Tips For Effective Use Of Comcast On iPhone
These are some of the things that one should keep in mind for a better experience when accessing your Comcast email on an IOS device.
If for some reason, you are still unable to fix this issue even after configuring your account on your iPhone, it may be because of the reasons that are given below
How To Add Calendars From An Email Account To An iPhone
This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards. This article has been viewed 20,120 times.
This wikiHow teaches how to add a calendar that is associated with one of your email addresses to your iPhone so that its events appear in your Calendar app.
Also Check: How To Get Free Ringtones On iPhone 11
List Of Reasons Behind Why Comcast Email Not Working On iPhone Device
- Your iPhone may not be having a strong or stable internet connection.
- Your iPhone could also have a lack of enough storage space for your Comcast emails to work effectively.
- You may be using an old version of your iOS device.
- Any available third-party apps on your iPhone may be interfering or blocking your Comcast email from working properly.
- You may be trying to sign-in to your Comcast.net email account using the incorrect or wrongly-typed username and password combination.
- And, last but not least, there might be something wrong with your devices iOS system.
Thus, based on the aforementioned factors, weve tried our best to provide you here with a handful of effective troubleshooting options with the motive to help you fix the given Comcast email not working on iPhone issue.
Brand New Information: Xfinity Connect App Has been Discontinued
The Xfinity connect mail app for iPhone users has been discontinued. The change was made effective on April 20, 2021. So, for those who have the Xfinity app installed on their iPhone and it is not working, thats because the app is no longer supported by the company. Moreover, no app has been introduced to replace the Xfinity connect app, so the only option available for iPhone users is to use a Comcast email account on their in-built Mail app or third-party email clients such as Outlook and Thunderbird.
Incorrect Mail App Settings On iPhone
To check the configuration open Settings app on iPhone and tap on Passwords & Accounts, find and tap on the Comcast account .
Under Incoming Mail Server, you will see settings for receiving emails. If you have trouble receiving emails, then this is the area you need to check.
Also, click on the Advanced tab to get more detailed Incoming Mail Server Settings. They should be the following:
- Incoming Server Host Name: imap.comcast.net
- Username: Make sure that username is a correct Comcast email account
- Password: Re-enter the email password here
- Incoming Mail server port: 993
- Use SSL: ON
- IMAP Path Prefix: empty
- Authentication: Password
If you have issues with sending emails from Comcast account, then check Outgoing Mail Server settings. They should be the following:
- Outgoing Mail Server Host Name: smtp.comcast.net
- Username: Make sure that username is a correct Comcast email account
- Password: Re-enter the email password here
- Outgoing Mail server port: 587
- Authentication: Password
- Use SSL: Yes
Recommended Reading: Where Are Blocked Numbers iPhone
Best Method To Backup Comcast Emails To Computer
We suggest you to use RecoveryTools Comcast Email Backup Tool. This utility allows you to export Comcast emails into 25+ local formats. Now, you can easily download Comcast emails locally without any issues. It also offers many document formats to save Comcast emails easily. Download the Solution on your Windows & Mac Computers.
Get the Solution Here:
Note: This is a trial edition of this product that gives you to download only 25 emails from Comcast to Computer hard drive. If you want to download a greater number of emails from Comcast to PC, then purchase a licensed edition of this utility.
Comcast Server Is Down
Believe it or not, but sometimes even big companies like Comcast can have outages. There is a thread on their forums where users were reporting that Comcast email was not working on iPhones and other devices.
In the end, the Xfinity customer service confirmed that the service was not available.
How to know if the server is down?
Services provided by big companies are usually distributed, meaning that if one service is down, it may not impact the rest of the bundle. So, if the Mail server is down, you may still have TV, internet, and phone working fine.
The easiest way to tell if the Mail server is down is to tryto sign in using the Web app.
- Go to Xfinity.com.
- Sign in.
If you can access your emails through the browser app, then the server is working. If you see a 500 error on the screen, then the server is down.
In this case, there is nothing you can do except calling Comcast and notify them about the issue. But the chances are that they already know about the problem and their engineers are actively working on it.
All you can do now is to keep checking if the mail server isback periodically. This may take hours, rarely days.
You May Like: How To Play 8ball On iPhone
Troubleshooting Option : Fix Ios System
If your iOS system itself is malfunctioning then how come your email features can function properly? Thus, to repair the system, you can use the iMyFone Fixppo tool as recommended by many media sites because its whole purpose is to go into the iOS system on your device and fix all system errors.
And, as soon as this tool fixes your iOS system, also update your iPhone with the latest version by navigating from the Settings and General tab to Software Update, and there, just tap on the Download and Install option.
Troubleshooting Option : Fix Ios Mail Fetch And Notification Settings
You must check your iOS Mail Fetch and Notification Settings .
- From iPhone Settings tap on the Passwords & Accounts option in order to open it.
- From there, tap on Fetch New Data option and choose from the following options to fetch data:
- PUSH- The mail server will send new emails directly to your phone.
- FETCH- The mail server will periodically send new emails.
- MANUALLY- The mail server will send you the emails only when you open your account and refresh it.
- SCHEDULE- The mail server will send you the new mails as per the set time, for instance, if you set the time to 30 min, then you may get your emails after 30 min they were sent.
Don’t Miss: How To Win 8 Ball Pool Ios 10
First Look: Comcast Mobile App For iPhone
Comcast is one of the largest cable TV and Internet service providers in the United States, and the company on Thursday released the Comcast Mobile App for iPhone , which allows you to access some of Comcasts services from your iPhone or iPod touch over Wi-Fi. In this first look, Ill take a sneak peek at some of the Comcast Mobile App features. If you use Comcast services on a regular basis, this app may be one to add to your iPhone or iPod touch.
The Comcast Mobile App lets you access your Comcast e-mail, manage your Digital Voice account, peruse Comcasts TV listings, and watch trailers for movies on Comcast On-Demand. The opening interface can be viewed as a list, a grid, or in a CoverFlow-like icon rotation. Shaking the iPhone switches between these three views.
How To Create Xfinity Email
To create an Xfinity email, users will first have to visit www.xfinity.com to access Xfinity Connect. But in case if you have not subscribed with Xfinity Internet and/or Xfinity Voice, you can use Comcast.net email address to access Xfinity Connect.
Basically, you can create up to Seven-Email Accounts with Xfinity email. So lets begin!
Read Also: How Much Do iPhone Headphones Cost
How To Set Up A Chromecast With Your iPhone
Kevin Parrish has been writing online since the mid-1990s. For a decade, he wrote reviews, previews, news, and more covering PC and console gaming. In 2008, he began covering hardware and devices after Tom’s Hardware closed its dedicated gaming website. He’s published news, reviews, how-to guides, and op-ed pieces on websites like Digital Trends, Android Authority, Tom’s Hardware, Tom’s Guide, and Maximum PC. Read more…
If you want to stream content to your TV without an expensive set-top box, is an awesome option! You can even control playback with your iPhone. Well walk you through the setup.
Chromecast is a receiver that streams media to your TV. It doesnt include onboard apps like Apple TV or Roku. Instead, you just tap the Cast button in any supporting app on your iPhone, and Google streams that content to your Chromecast device.
The Chromecast resembles a miniature UFO tethered to your TV by a short HDMI cable. The included power supply connects to the micro-USB port on the device. The standard model supports 1080p content at 60 Hz, while the Ultra model is pricier but supports 4K content with a high dynamic range.
As part of the installation process, you connect the Chromecast device to . This way, you can use verbal commands to access and stream content. For example, you could say, Hey, Google. Play the latest episode of Stranger Things on the living room TV.
Here are some of the services that are compatible with Google Assistant:
Tips To Use Comcast Email On iPhone Effectively
Problems with Comcast email are inevitable on iPhone, but the potency of issues can be controlled to a great extent by following the below-given tips that are meant to enhance your user experience with a Comcast email account when configured on iPhone.
1. It is recommended to use IMAP Comcast email settings instead of using POP settings the former one is said to be much more effective and flexible. Also, IMAP ensures you dont lose any data while you are encountering an issue with the Comcast email setup on your iPhone.
2. If your Comcast email suddenly stops working on your iPhone device, you should first open your Safari browser and check if you can successfully access and use your Comcast email account.3. Be wary of viruses and malware on your device as they can interrupt the functioning of Comcast email on your iPhone or iPad.
Don’t Miss: How To Turn On Screen Record iPhone Xr
How Set Up Comcast Email On iPhone
Sometimes the easiest way to fix the issue is to blow everything away and install it from scratch.
If all troubleshooting steps above didnt work, you can delete the Comcast account from the Passwords & Accounts section in the Settings app and set up the account again.
Surprisingly, the process is pretty straightforward. To set up Comcast email on your iPhone follow these steps:
- Open Settings app
- Either search for or scroll to Passwords & Accounts line in Settings
- Under Accounts section tap on Add Account
- In a new window tap on Other
- Tap on Add Mail Account under MAIL
- Enter your name, Comcast email, and Comcast password. Tap Next. If you get an Invalid Email Address error, verify that the email address is correct.
- After verification, tap on Save on the next screen.
- Now find the Mail app on iPhone and open it. The app will download all emails from the Comcast server.