Setting Up Visual Voicemail On Your iPhone Xr
The following steps will help you get started in setting up and using Visual Voicemail services on your new iPhone XR handset. Make sure your phone is connected to your cellular network and that Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling features are disabled. Dont forget to make a test call after setting it up to see if the feature is working as intended.
Note: The following steps are only applicable if your carrier supports the service and that its added into your plan/account.
The set up process may take of up to five minutes to complete. Once finished, try to call your own number and leave a message. Afterwards, check the message on your phone.
If you are having difficulties setting up the service on your iPhone XR, contact your service network provider for further assistance and to confirm that your account is subscribed to the service.
Traditional Voicemail On iPhone
Here is a chart explaining some of the basic controls of a traditional voicemail inbox on a variety of carriers based in the U.S. and Canada.
Those are the controls for voicemail service of various popular carriers in the U.S. and Canada. There are, however, a couple of other things you should know about voicemail on iOS that you should keep in mind when checking and responding to messages, so well cover those things now.
How To Record A Custom Greeting On iPhone
You can leave the default greeting that is provided by your network carrier, but that might make callers worry that they’ve reached the wrong number. Instead, you can create a custom greeting with all of the flair that you bring to life.
Tap Greeting in the upper left corner of the screen.
Tap Save when you are happy with your greeting.
Read Also: How To Hit The Ball In 8 Ball Pool Imessage
Best Tool To Recover Voicemail On iPhone
Busy people, who you are dealing with in your business endeavors do not want to be kept waiting on their phones when you are not available. You need to freely set the number of rings before voicemail answers. This way, if your iPhone is unanswered for the stated duration, it will go to voicemail. Your business partners will be grateful for saving their time and will leave you a voicemail informing you of why they called. Well, mistakenly deleted voicemail from your iPhone ? Don’t worry. You can use dr.fone – Data Recovery to recover any lost voicemails at any time.
How to Recover Voicemail on iPhone via dr.fone – Data Recovery
First, please sure you have downloaded and installed dr.fone – iOS Toolkit on your computer. You can download it from the links below. Then open it. Connect your iPhone to your computer. You can see the main window like this.
Step 2. Select and Scan Voicemails
Step 3. Preview and Export Voicemails
Once the scan process is over, you can check the results and view the details by clicking them before you decide to recover to the iPhone.
S To Set Up Voicemail On iPhone 11 With Simple Steps
- The first step, you should go to the Phone app that located in the bottom of the iPhone home screen and then choose it. On the bottom side, you will see the voicemail icon that placed in the corner.
- Select it to open the voicemail.
- In the screen of the voicemail, you will see an empty space complete with the button to Set up now in the center of the screen.
- When you see a notice now you have a choice, select it.
- If you ever use iPhone voicemail and sign in before, you can write down the old password into it and access the old voicemails automatically.
- But if you never use the voicemail before, you must make a password and re-enter it.
- When the process is finished, choose Done.
- After that, your phone will show the Greeting screen. If you dont want to see it and in a rush to the next step. Then, you can choose Default and then Done to skip the previous step.
- But if you have a willingness to personalize your greeting, you should select Record menu to record the greeting and also Play to repeat it back.
- When you really like it, select Done.
- Well, now you officially have a voicemail in your iPhone complete with the setup.
Set up voicemail on iPhone 11 is not a difficult thing, so you must have it. Through it, you will share voicemails with AirDrop. You can save them as an audio memo to save on space, mail them to others, and more. Lets enjoy it and personalize it as you wish to get comfortable using the voicemail system.
Video Source: Howfinity Youtube Channel
Read Also: How To Find Blocked Numbers On iPhone 11
Contact Your Wireless Carrier
If your voicemail inbox is still full, its time to contact your wireless carrier for help. You may need to call in and reset your mailbox.
Here are the customer support numbers for the top 4 wireless carriers:
- Verizon: 1-800-922-0204
- T-Mobile: 1-800-937-8997
- Sprint: 211-4727
Just let them know that your iPhone voicemail is full and theyll help you fix the problem!
You Can Check The Voicemail Messages On Your iPhone Even If You Don’t Have Your Phone With You Here’s How To Call Your Voicemail From Another Phone
* This post is part of iPhone Life‘s Tip of the Day newsletter. . *
If the need arises, you can call;your voicemail and check your messages from another phone. You can also delete,;replay, save, and even hear the date, time, and number of a voicemail message;using this method.;
We can also help you learn;how to check and delete voicemail on your iPhone, how to change your voicemail greeting, and how to use Voice to Text on your iPhone. For more iPhone tutorials, check out our free Tip of the Day.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Parler App On iPhone
How Do I Setup Cricket Visual Voicemail
Visual Voicemail Not Working iPhone 11 Pro
01 Sep 202005:40 PM
My visual Voicemail isn’t working. Here are the details and what I have tried already, any help would be welcomed.
– ISO 13.6.1 – No updates;are available.
Ive reset the network settings and I have changed the voicemail pin as I have seen this on other forums however still nothing has worked.
Has anyone ACTUALLY got this working? All I see is posts with the issue, and sky sending a link. No one actually confirms its working, am I chasing something that I will never be able to get fixed?
Don’t Miss: Does iPhone 11 Support 5g
How Do You Check Your Voicemail From Somebody Elses Phone
- Let the call go to voicemail
- If you think someone is going to answer the call, let them know you want to check your voicemail and to NOT answer the call
Tip 7 Downgrade Ios 11 To Ios 1033
If none of the methods above can fix the problem, the final way you can consider is to downgrade iOS 11 to iOS 10.
Besides, the downgrading failure will cause permanent data loss if you haven’t made an iPhone backup. Therefore, you must back up and transfer the whole files on your iPhone 6 or 7 to the PC or laptop to keep data safe by using a free iPhone data transfer software – EaseUS MobiMover Free highly recommended here. With MobiMover Free, you are able to transfer contacts, messages, notes, calendars, voice mails, books, Safari bookmarks & history, photos, videos, and audios from iPhone to the computer with one-click. What’s more, after you have downgrade to iOS 10, you can use MobiMover Free to get back the exported files to your iPhone again. Now, download and try it now.
You May Like: How To Play Pool On iPhone
How To Set Up Voicemail On iPhone 11 Simply And Easily
Using voicemail is very helpful for you, so you must know how to set up voicemail on your iPhone. Through it, you will delete, organize and play your voicemails from the handy menu. This application will send you some information with voice form while you are busy or cannot answer the telephone. Setting up voicemail on your Apple iPhone 11 is simple. Heres a guide on how to set up voicemail on iPhone 11.
What Problems Can You Encounter While Using Voicemail
Either way, if voicemails are an essential thing for you, encountering issues can be troublesome. One of the commonly reported problems is voicemail transcripts not showing up.
You might also have problems playing voicemails, or they stop working. Another issue you might experience is vanishing voicemails.
Recommended Reading: How To Reset Carrier Settings iPhone
How To Use Visual Voicemail On Your iPhone
Visual voicemail is an easy way to check your missed messages. You can see a list of voicemails along with the date it occurred and the length, and you choose which calls to listen to and delete.
Go to the Phone app, then navigate to Voicemail. If you’ve never set up your voicemail, you’ll be prompted to do so. Create a voicemail password and confirm it.
Then, you can choose to customize your voicemail message, or keep the default one:
If you miss a call and the caller leaves a message, it’ll show up in the visual voicemail. Tap the message to listen and read a transcription .
To delete a message, swipe it left. To delete more than one at a time, tap Edit in the top right corner. Then select the messages you’d like to delete, then tap Delete in the bottom right corner.
You can also . Tap the voicemail you want to interact with, and then tap the share button to the right.
You can send the message to whomever you wish, or you can choose the Notes or Voice Memos app to save there instead.
Way : How To Retrieve Deleted Voicemail On iPhone Recently Deleted Folder
When you delete voicemail on your iPhone, these deleted voice mails will be saved in a folder called “Deleted Messages”. If you want to get back deleted voicemail on iPhone, you can refer to the following steps to do it.
How to recover voice messages on iPhone from the Deleted Messages folder:
- Open the “Phone” app by tapping the “Phone” icon on the screen of your iPhone.
- Tap “Voicemail” on the right bottom of the iPhone to access your voicemail messages.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and tap “Deleted Messages” to preview the contents of the messages you have deleted lately.
- Select a voicemail you want to recover and tap on “Undelete” on the left bottom of the interface. Then you have successfully recovered the deleted voice messages.
So, how long can the deleted voicemail be kept in the deleted message folder? In fact, it depends on the specific carrier you use. Most carriers support saving deleted voicemail for 30 days.
If you want to delete the voice messages permanently, you can choose them and tap “Delete” to wipe them out. And if you would like to erase them at one time, you can select them and tap “Clear All” to delete the voice messages on the list.
Also Check: How To Access Blocked Numbers On iPhone
Best Tool To Retrieve iPhone Voicemail
When you lose your voicemail messages, you can easily recover them from iTunes or iCloud using iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery.
Key Features of iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery
- Multiple Recovery Modes Get your voicemails from iTunes, iCloud or iPhone device.
- Multiple File-type Compatibility Compatibility with up to 18 files allows you to recover a wide array of data using iSkysoft iPhone Data Recovery.
- Handy Preview Feature Preview all your voicemails and data before recovering them.
- Simple User Interface This is a very simple and easy-to-follow tool due to its well arranged user interface.
Get Help With Visual Voicemail
Read Also: Get Free iPhone Ringtones
How To Check iPhone Voicemail From Another Phone
If your iPhone is out of battery or you have forgotten taking your iPhone along with you, the voicemail from your iPhone is still can be checked remotely via another phone. Your iPhone voicemail can be checked in a direct way via another phone, you can forward, save or delete messages on voicemail through another phone. If you have made changes on the account of your voicemail via another phone, it still works once you access your iPhone voicemail again.
Way : How To Undelete Voicemail On iPhone From Icloud Backup
If your iPhone data has been backed up to iCloud, can you recover deleted voicemail on iPhone from iCloud backup? Yes, you can! However, the same as restoring voice mail from iTunes backup, you need to erase all the data and settings on the iPhone, and the erased data cannot be restored. Therefore, we do not recommend you to use this method before confirming that the deleted voicemail are included in the icloud backup.
How to retrieve deleted voicemail on iPhone from iCloud backup:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings on your iPhone.
- Enter your iPhone’s passcode and your iPhone will now be reset and wiped.
- Follow the setup steps and you will get to the “App & Data” screen.
- Tap on “Restore from iCloud backup” and sign into your iCloud account.
- Select the backup you want to restore.
- After the restore completes, the deleted voicemail should be restored back on your iPhone.
Read Also: How To Put Desktop Mode On iPhone
Check If Voicemail Is Set Up
Before proceeding to other steps, first, check if voicemail is set up. Maybe all you need to do is to set it up. There are two ways you can check if voicemail is set up.
To check if voicemail is set up from the Phone app, follow the steps below:
1. Open the “Phone” app.
2. Go to the “Voicemail” tab and check.
To check if voicemail is set up from settings, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the “Settings” app.2. Scroll down and tap on “Phone“.
3. Check if you see the option “Change Voicemail Password“.
If voicemail is not set up, follow the steps below to set it up:
1. Open the “Phone” app.
2. Go to the “Voicemail” tab.
3. Tap on “Set Up Now“.4. Create a voicemail password and tap on “Done“.5. Then, choose either “Default” or “Custom“. If you selected “Custom“, you can record your greeting.
Ios Visual Voicemail Not Working After Update How
Please try out each of the steps below until the issue is fixed on your device
- Reset Network Settings
- Before attempting to reset your network settings, please make sure that you remember to write down your Wi-fi name, password, etc. since you will be required to re-enter them after the reset.
- Tap on Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
Also Check: What Is Sound Check On iPhone