Transfer Contacts From iPhone To iPhone Including iPhone 12/ 12 Pro / 12 Mini With Itunes
To start with, letâs learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes. If you have an updated version of iTunes, you can transfer and sync your data between various devices. Ideally, you can either sync your contacts or backup and restore them. We have discussed both of these techniques to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes.
Transfer Contacts From iPhone To iPhone Via Icloud Backup
If you have backed up your contact with iCloud, then you can transfer the contacts to your new iPhone by restoring them from the iCloud backup you made before.
Restore from iCloud Backup
How To Sync Contacts From Icloud To iPhone Directly
If the contacts you want to import to your iPhone are stored in iCloud that uses the same Apple ID as the one you use on the iPhone, it will be quite easy and fast for you to sync iCloud contacts to your iPhone. All you need is to go to the Settings app on the target iPhone and enable iCloud contacts.
Connect the iPhone to a stable Wi-Fi connection and then follow the steps below to start importing contacts from iCloud to your iOS device.
To sync contacts from iCloud to iPhone:
Step 1. Go to the Settings app and tap .
Step 2. Choose “iCloud” and toggle on the “Contacts” option.
Step 3. In the prompt, click “Merge” to start downloading contacts from iCloud to your iPhone.
You May Like: Does Best Buy Sell iPhones
S To On How To Sync iPhone Contacts To Gmail With Drfone
1. dr.fone tool. Proceed to connect your device to your PC to get to the main interface for syncing your iPhone contacts.
2. Click on Information found on the top panel. It will then show you all contacts on all the programs
3. Choose the contacts one by one to make sure that all will be chosen to require export. Tap on Export found on the upper part of the windows. Choose the option to vCard file. After that, there will be a popup window that will show on our browser to the destination folder, which will let you save the contacts on your PC.
4. Once you succeed saving files on your computer, consider logging into Gmail using your account. Then, choose Gmail and proceed to the option Contacts found at the top-left corner. Youll have to go to your Gmails Contact page.
5. Select the option Import Contacts. There will be a popup window. Pick File when adding a vCard file thats already saved in your device and click the Import button for loading the contacts.
6. The chosen contacts are imported to Gmail effectively.
Transfer Contacts From iPhone To iPhone With Mobiletrans
If you are looking for the simplest method to transfer your contacts from one iOS device to another, then MobileTrans â Phone Transfer should be your pick. With just a single click, you can directly move your data from one phone to another. Apart from iPhone to iPhone or Android to Android, it can also move data between iOS and Android devices too.
Video tutorial for transferring data from iPhone to iPhone without icloud:
Presently, MobileTrans â Phone Transfer supports 17 different types of data. This includes contacts, call logs, photos, videos, audios, notes, calendars, apps, and more. To learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud, the following steps can be taken:
Step 1: Launch the Phone Transfer tool
At first, you have to install the application on your system and launch it to transfer your data. From the welcome screen of MobileTrans, pick the âPhone Transferâ option.
Step 2: Connect your iOS devices
Afterward, using working lightning cables, connect both the iOS devices to the system and let the application detect them. On its interface, you can see the snapshots of your iPhone models marked as either âSourceâ or âDestinationâ. You can use a flip button here to ensure your new iPhone is the destination device.
Step 3: Transfer your contacts
In the end, the application will inform you when the transfer of your contacts is completed. You can now access them on your new iPhone without any issue.
Read Also: How To Take Out iPhone 5s Battery
Transfer Contacts Photos & Data Using Icloud
This method works only if your new iPhone is not yet set up. However, you can factory reset your new iPhone and follow this method or choose from other methods below.
Also, you need to be aware that this method can restore music from Apple Music. Any songs that you downloaded from other sites will not be restored.
Before starting with the steps below, make sure that you have an iCloud account and you are logged into your iCloud account.
1. Go into Settings > iCloud
On your old iPhone open up Settings and tap on iCloud. Locate Contacts from the list and make sure it is turned ON. Similarly, make sure that anything else that you want to backup such as photos, calendars and others is also turned ON. .
2. Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup
Again open up settings on your old iPhone and tap on iCloud. Next locate Storage & Backup option and tap on it.
3. Tap on Backup Now
Now from the Storage & Backup settings screen tap on the Backup Now option to start the process of backing up your old iPhone.
When doing this you may be presented with an error saying that you do not have enough space. In such a case, you can try to create some space for this backup by deleting older backup files or you can choose to upgrade your plan to get more storage space on iCloud.
Patiently wait for the backup to be completed, the process of backing up your iPhone might take a long time, in case you have lot of data.
4. Setup your new iPhone
5. Select Latest Backup
How To Transfer Contacts From Your iPhone To Your Computer
This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards. This article has been viewed 241,273 times.Learn more…
You can use iTunes or iCloud to transfer your iPhone contacts to your computer. If you’re using iTunes, contacts will be synced like your other iTunes content. If you’re using iCloud, contacts will be updated automatically on your computer when they’re updated on your iPhone, and vice versa.
You May Like: Ios Request Desktop Site
Transfer Contacts And Photos From iPhone To iPhone
Are you looking for simple ways to transfer photos and contacts to new iPhone? This guide will show you how to transfer contacts and photos from iPhone to iPhone in three methods: using iTunes, iCloud or AOMEI MBackupper.
ByLena/ Last updateOctober 11, 2021
Contacts and photos may be the most important data stored on iPhone. The phone numbers let us get in touch with others by sending a message or making a phone call. The photos recording all memorable moments in daily life. So instead of transferring all data from old iPhone to new iPhone, you just want to move contacts and photos. Keep reading to see how to transfer photos and contacts to new iPhone in three methods.
Transfer Contacts From iPhone To iPhone Xs Via Gmail
If you are a regular Gmail user, then there is good news for you. Almost all the iOS devices support the integration of Google account. In this way, you can simply sync your iPhone contacts with Gmail. Later, you can just log-in to the same Google account and sync your contacts back again. Since the contacts would be saved on Googleâs cloud, you can access them on multiple accounts without any trouble. To learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone XS without iCloud, follow these steps:
1.Unlock your existing device, go to its Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and tap on the âAdd Accountâ option.
2.Choose Google from the list of the available services and log-in to your Gmail account by providing the right credentials.
3.Grant the needed permission to the Gmail account and once it is added, go to its settings and turn on the syncing feature for Contacts.
4.In this way, your iPhone contacts will automatically be synced to your Gmail account.
5.Now, follow the same drill with your new iPhone XS/XR. That is, add your Google account and turn on the contact sync option.
Since syncing works in both ways, the contacts that are already present on your Google account will be made available on your new device as well. This will let you transfer contacts from old iPhone to iPhone XS wirelessly.
You May Like: How To Change iPhone 5s Battery
Section 6 Share Contacts Between iPhone With Airdrop
Airdrop is a file-sharing app designed for iOS devices. You could also use it to transfer songs from iPhone to iPhone or share a file, photo, videos between Apple devices. But it does not perform well in transfer a large number of contacts or files to your iPhone.
Step 1. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both iPhone. Swipe down from the upper-left corner to enable AirDrop on the target iPhone.
Step 2. Select contact on the source iPhone and select .
Step 3. Tap the name of the target device and it would receive the information of the contact.
Sync Contacts With Itunes
If you only wish to transfer your contacts, then it can be achieved by syncing your device. To learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone using iTunes, follow these steps:
- 1. Firstly, connect your existing iPhone to your system and launch an updated version of iTunes.
- 2. Select the device and go to its âInfoâ tab. From here, enable the option of âSync Contactsâ. You can either select all contacts or selected groups.
- 3. After making your selection, click on the Sync button and wait for it to complete the process.
- 4. Now, disconnect the device and connect your target iPhone to it.
- 5. Follow the same drill, go to its Info tab, and enable the option to âSync Contactsâ.
- 6. Additionally, you can visit its Advanced section and replace the old contacts with the new ones as well.
- 7. Once you have selected the option, click on the âSyncâ button.
In this way, you would be able to learn how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone with iTunes easily.
Recommended Reading: How To Access Blocked Numbers On iPhone
Transfer Contacts If Your Old iPhone Is Lost Or Broken
What if you dont have your old iPhone? It may have been lost, stolen or just doesnt work anymore. Never give up! If you used iCloud on your old device and the iCloud backup was turned on, you can still transfer contacts to your new iPhone.
Heres how to get contacts from iCloud:
If you have no contacts saved in iCloud, you may still have an iTunes backup. If you believe thats the case, follow these steps to restore your new iPhone from the iTunes backup:
How To Airdrop Contacts From iPhone To iPhone
Now letâs start to see how to transfer contacts from iPhone to iPhone via AirDrop. Turn on the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both two devices. If either of the devices has Personal Hotspot on, please turn it off.
Turn on AirDrop on iPhone
1. Open Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of the iPhone screen.
2. Turn on AirDrop: Press and hold on the wireless control box > Tap AirDrop and choose Contacts Only, or Everyone.
â Note: If you choose âContacts Onlyâ, only your contacts can see your device. If you choose âEveryoneâ, all nearby Apple devices using AirDrop can see your device.
AirDrop Contacts to iPhone
1. Go to Contacts app on the source iPhone > Find and tap the contact you want to share.
2. Tap the option > Tap AirDrop > Choose the target iPhone.
3. Hit the Accept on target iPhone to receive the contact > Go to Contacts app to check the shared contacts.
âNote: If you AirDrop something to yourself , you won’t see an option to Accept or Decline and it will automatically get sent to your device.
Don’t Miss: How To Mirror iPhone To Samsung Tv
Sharing Contacts With Others
- How do I use music as a ringtone?Community AnswerDownload the song to your Mac or PC, and use the free app Ringer to shorten and export the ringtone file. Export it to your phone using iTunes. Then you can embed it to your contacts.Thanks!
- How do I retrieve info if my phone is stolen?Community AnswerUse the Find my iPhone app on icloud.com or another iDevice. Apple id and password required.Thanks!
Transfer Contacts From iPhone To iPhone With Icloud Backup
One easy way to transfer your contacts from an iPhone to another iPhone is by using an iCloud backup. If you are setting up a new iPhone for the first time, this is also a good way to copy all your other data and preferences.
- Make sure your old iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open the Settings app.
- At the top of your screen, youll see your name. Tap it and type your password, if required.
- Tap iCloud.
- In the list you see now, make sure the Contacts toggle is on. Then scroll down and tap iCloud backup.
- Turn on and set up your new iPhone. Just follow the onscreen instructions.
- If your iPhone has already been set up, you will have to reset it. Open the Settings app, tap General and then Reset at the bottom of the screen. Tap Erase All Content and Settings. Your iPhone will restart and now you can set it up by following the onscreen instructions.
- When you reach the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud backup and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Select the newest backup .
- Your data will be copied to your new iPhone.
- Follow the remaining onscreen instructions in order to finish setting up your iPhone.
You May Like: How To Access Blocked Numbers On iPhone
Learn How To Sync Contacts From iPhone To iPad Via Airdrop:
Step 1. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both your iPhone and iPad.
Step 2. Enter “Control Center” and tap on “AirDrop” to turn on the feature on both devices.
Step 3. Open “Contacts”App on your iPhone and select the contacts you want to share to iPad.
Step 4. Click on“Share Contacts”> “AirDrop”> choose your iPad.
Step 5. Then a notification will appear on your iPad asking you to accept the transfer. Click “Accept” to allow the sharing process to begin.
Sync Outlook Contacts With iPhone On The Phone
Although most consider that the iPhone does an excellent job of syncing and updating the outlook contacts, the problem occurs with the settings and software issues at times. Here is the first method on how to sync outlook contacts with iPhone.
Step 1: Switch over to the âSettingsâ on your iPhone and open it.
Step 2: Select âAccounts & Passwordsâ option.
Step 3: All the existing Accounts from iCloud, Yahoo, and Gmail will appear. If you haven’t added your Outlook account, click on the âAdd accountâ option.
Step 4: Select the âOutlook.comâ option. Sign-in into the Outlook account of yours with an email address and password.
Step 5: From the entire available category, swipe over the Contents to âOnâ position. Tap the âSaveâ icon.
The Outlook contacts will now get synced with your iPhone. This method is directly done only with Outlook account involving the absence of iCloud, and iTunes.
Also Check: How To Play Billiards On Imessage
How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To iPhone Without Icloud But Itransfer
As we mentioned in the beginning, besides iTunes and iCloud, 3rd-party iPhone contact transfer and backup software could also be of great help. Leawo iTransfer is such kind of professional iPhone contact transfer software. iTransfer is a professional iOS data transfer and manager software app that could help you transfer data and files between iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes and computer. It supports up to 14 types of data and files, contacts included.