Sending Emails From Gmail Nickname
Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendar > Add Account > Other > Add Mail Account
How To Use Gmail
As a bonus, Ill also mention the perfect tool to add more functionality to Gmail.
- Interested in learning about Gmail features and hacks, like how to undo send emails, snooze desktop notifications, add templates, and use keyboard shortcuts? Check out my post on Gmail Tips and Tricks.
Lets get started.
Download And Install Gmail App From App Store
You can simply access Gmail on your iPhone by downloading the Gmail iOS App. Here are the steps to download and install the Gmail App on your iPhone.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Type in “Gmail” in the search bar located at the bottom of the screen. If you are using older versions of iOS, please type “Gmail” in the search bar located at the top right corner.
- Click on the Gmail App. If you cannot find it, click on the ‘Updates‘ tab and search again
- Click on the Install button located at the right of the app name. You will be redirected to the confirmation page if there is no update.
- Once the Gmail App is installed, you will be asked to log in with your Google Account. Enter your username and app password, and now you can access your Gmail account.
If you don’t have a Gmail account, create one on the app or here: . After logging in, you can also add any other email address to the app by clicking on the Gmail Settings option.
Recommended Reading: How To Play The Pool Game On Ios 10
How To Add Multiple Gmail Accounts In The Ios Gmail App
If you use multiple Gmail accounts, follow these instructions to add all of them:
There are a lot of features you can access on the Gmail app, including the ability to add multiple Gmail accounts. All you need to do is tap on a previously added Gmail account to open and switch.
The Gmail app has another helpful feature to access multiple Gmail accounts quickly: you can view the inboxes for all your added email accounts together in one inbox. Tap on the menu icon in the top-left corner and select All Inboxes to view your emails together.
Simple I Like It That Way
For those who want a simple approach to the online world, this is the app for you. As Ive heard others say, this very product designed by google has simply become the standard in the way email websites are presented today. Theres no doubt about it. The interface, I would say, is user friendly. The app itself is fast and from my time using it, I have experienced no bugs Theres one minor inconvenience and Im not even sure if this is a google classroom issue or a gmail issue. I use this service for schooling, and I rely on it much more these days because of the current state of the world, and consequently I have to do online schooling. Gmail and classroom dont work together. Ill receive an email hours after the assignment itself has been posted, so at times Im not in the loop as to what I need to have turned in. When I do receive an email for classroom, Ill tap the open button and it doesnt take me directly to the assignment/announcement. All it does is open the app so now I have to dig through classroom to find it.Regardless, this app is great and if you want a simple approach to email, this app is the way to go.
Read Also: How To Change Battery In iPhone 5s
Add Your Gmail Account To iPhone Using Imap
To set up your iPhone work with Gmail:
- Enable IMAP in Gmail
- From the iPhone Home screen, choose Settings
- Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- In the Accounts section, tap Add Account
- Choose your email account type. For setting up email to work with IMAP choose other
- Select Add Mail Account under the Mail section
- Enter your information as below, Then tap Next
Name : Just give a name
Address : Gmail address
Description : You can type a description for your mail
- Select IMAP
- On the next screen, enter your Incoming Mail Server tap Next
Host Name : imap.gmail.com
User Name : Gmail user name
Password : Gmail password
- Next screen, enter your Outgoing Mail Servertap Next
Host Name : smtp.gmail.com
User Name : Gmail user name
Password : Gmail password
- Then its Verifying your account
- Select both your Mail and Notes, tap Save
- Now you can check your Gmails from iPhone
How Do Users Get These Apps
The native Mail app is so called because it comes installed on all iOS devices. The Gmail app is available for free download from the app store. Users may install more than one mail app on their phones, which means that a phone with both apps can display a given email both with and without responsive design.
Also Check: 9 Ball Game Pigeon
Sending Emails From More Than One Nickname
If you want to send emails from more than one “nickname” on the same iPhone you can add another account for your second nickname using the same instructions. There is one little issue if you try to add another account with the same incoming server details in step 2, iPhone tries to be clever and blocks you from saving settings saying that account already exists. You can cheat it by adding . at the end of incoming mail server this is still a valid DNS address and will resolve to the same IP.This obviously means having duplicate accounts but you can set second account to fetch emails manually.
Another option is to create a new empty Gmail account and use new username and password in step 2 incoming mail server . The advantage is that this account would always be empty so you wouldn’t waste storage space and battery live syncing second identical account.
Setting Up A Gmail Account In The Ios Mail App
Here is how to set up a Gmail Account in the iOS Mail App:
- Go to Settings> Mail and click on Accounts.
- Press Add Account from the list of options.
- Tap add Email Account.
- Enter your email address, password, and description of your account, then tap Next. If you’re setting up a Gmail business account, you can type in the full custom domain. For example, if your email address is “firstname.lastname@example.org,” then you would type in “email@example.com.
- The Mail app will test your account if it is successful, you’ll see a checkmark next to the option. After this is complete, tap Done.
- You can now access Gmail from the Inbox view by default or choose to view each folder by swiping left to right across the screen.
Read Also: Can You 3 Way Call On iPhone
How To Set Up A Gmail Account In Android And Ios
One of the first things most people do when they purchase a new smartphone is add their Google account. Lets face it: Gmail is probably the most-used email platform on the planet, and many of us even have several addresses to separate work from personal life.
By default, most Android phones require you to log in to a Google Account to use Googles services, which carries over to Gmail, Google Calendar, and whatnot. On Apple devices, you must manually add the account in the settings to access these services through the native apps. If you dont, you can simply sign in through the stand-alone Gmail app.
This guide shows you how to set up a Gmail account in Android and iOS using the system settings and through the Gmail app.
Add A Google Account In Ios And iPados
With Apple devices, you can add a Google account to access its services in native apps like Mail, Contacts, and so on. This is different than installing the Gmail app and signing in to your Google account. The following instructions apply to the former.
Step 1: Tap to open the Settings app.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap Mail.
Step 3: Tap Accounts on the following screen.
Step 4: Tap Add Account.
Step 5: Tap the big colorful Google logo. You cant miss it.
Step 6: Tap Continue on the pop-up window to allow the Settings app to access google.com.
Step 7: Enter your Google account address or phone number and then tap Next.
Step 8: Enter your Google Account password and then tap Next.
Step 9: Enable and disable everything you want to sync, and then tap Save located in the top-right corner.
If you just want to access your Gmail account without adding Googles services to your Apple device, use the stand-alone app instead. Just sign in to your Google account, and youre good to go. If you need to add a second Google account to the Gmail app, scroll down to the final set of instructions.
You May Like: Will iPhone Xr Case Fit iPhone Xs
D How To Respond To Emails In Gmail
When you receive a new email in the Gmail inbox, you can see the senders name and the subject highlighted in bold.
Heres how you can respond to an email youve received in Gmail:
Step 1Log in to Gmail and open the email message you want to respond to by clicking on it.
Step 2Click on the Reply arrow.
Step 3A preview pane will open with the name of the person youre responding to in the To field.
Step 4Type your response message and hit Send.
Note: Gmail also has an offline mode. This Gmail offline mode lets you read, respond to, and search for emails when youre offline.
To use Gmail offline:
- Open Gmail and click on the gear icon at the top to open the Quick settings menu.
- Click on See all settings and go to the Offline tab.
- Click on the radio button next to Enable offline mail.
- Hit Save changes to start using Gmail offline.
How Do I Enable Imap For Gmail On My iPhone
Setting up Gmail using IMAP on your iPhone is an easy process. It involves going into your email settings on your device, then turning on Gmail’s incoming and outgoing mail servers as well as Gmail IMAP server settings. The following steps will guide you on how to enable IMAP and your email account on your iPhone using Gmail.
- Open Settings > Click on > Mail.
- Tap “Add Mail Account.”
- Choose IMAP as the option for the account type that you are trying to add.
- Enter information in the incoming mail server section and the Outgoing Mail Server section field, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t have the information, you can check it here.
- Check both boxes under Use TLS/SSL. This will encrypt your incoming/outgoing mail data while in transit.
- Now tap on “Save” in the top right corner to finish up.
Read Also: How To Delete All Contacts On iPhone 8
Using Gmail With The Mail App Automatically
Instead of adding an extra app, many people prefer to use Apples built-in email app, Mail. If you want to add your Gmail address to Mail follow these steps:
Setting Up Gmail Manually On Your iPhone
iPhone users get to choose between IMAP and POP3 email protocols. Both give users access to their mailbox, but there are significant differences in operation. POP pulls down all your mail into a local inbox delivery folder on your PC, letting you read the email whenever you want without an internet connection. Pop emails are deleted from the server when they are downloaded or opened by the recipient. This has advantages, especially for users with limited bandwidth.
IMAP accesses stored messages from the server by connecting to it, downloads those messages and leaves those now-read messages on the server. In IMAP, data remains on the server until expiration, deletion by administrator command, or removal by client software . It also allows connections from multiple locations and mobile devices so users can read their emails and manage their folders no matter where they are and what device they use to access the internet. This means that your messages always remain online and you can read them whenever you like even if you’re away from home base.
How To Use The Gmail Mobile App
Gmail is one of the most popular online email providers. If you have a Gmail account, having it set up on your mobile makes it easy for you to read and reply to your email at any time without needing to sit down in front of a computer. Its very straightforward to set up on your phone and once you have access to your Gmail account on your mobile, youll love how convenient it makes it to check your mail.
What youll learn in this guide:
All the Android and iPhone default email apps are fully compatible with Gmail, so you can simply connect this app with your account to get started. Check out our guides for Android and iPhone to learn how to do this. However, the Gmail app offers greater functionality, so this guide is focused on how to set up and use the Gmail app. Youll learn how to:
- Open emails
Follow these step by step instructions to use the Gmail app for your smartphone
Step 1: Setting up a Gmail account
First you will need the details of your email account. You will need your email address, e.g. , as well as your password. If you do not have a Gmail account, you will need to set one up. Go online and visit www.gmail.com. Follow the instructions on the site and make a note of your password. We recommend you make your password difficult to guess, including letters, numbers and symbols.
Step 2: Open up the Gmail app on your mobile device
Step 3: Opening and writing emails in the Gmail app
Step 4: Creating folders
Step 5: Searching for an email
How To Use Gmail Dark Mode On iPhone Android Or Computer
- You can set up on desktop or if you have an Android.
- However, those with an iPhone will have to go through their device settings, not the Gmail app .
- Android users also have that option, if they want everything to be in dark mode on their phone.
If you stare at screens all day long, the bright light can feel a bit grating on the eyes. Switching to dark mode may help combat the issue, and it can even help conserve your battery. For Gmail users, there are several options to get this done. But the method you’ll use will depend on the device you’re using.
For example, if you have an iPhone, you no longer have the option to use dark mode in the Gmail app. But there is a workaround you can use to get the dark mode effect from your device’s system settings. But those on Android or desktop can access the dark mode option via the Themes menu in the app itself.
Here’s how to do it all.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Grid Off iPhone Camera
Import Google Contacts To iPhone Via Settings
In the below discussion you will learn how to import contacts from Google to iPhone directly using the settings in the iOS platform. The built-in settings in the iPhone vary with the iOS version. The below method adheres to the iOS 10 version.
Step 1: Unlock your device and go to the âSettingsâ option. It appears as a gear-like logo and here you have to tap it to work on the Contacts option
Step 2: In the âSettingsâ platform traverse to âContactsâ-> âAccountsâ-> âAdd Accountsâ.
Step 3: Choose âGoogleâ from the displayed list and then enter the credentials for authorized login.
Step 4: As soon as you signup in your Google account enables the toggle button of âContactsâ to import contacts from Gmail to iPhone.
When you synchronize your Google Contacts with the device then automatically the Google contacts move into the iPhone platform. It is the direct method and simple to carry out.