What Does Find My iPhone Do
It is acknowledged that Find My iPhone aims to track, locate, erase and remotely access your iOS device in order to protect your iPhone or iPad if they are stolen or lost.
There are numerous features in the following:
Have a clear location about your or your family members’ iDevices on the map.
Track your iDevice in line with use Lost Mode.
Remotely access your iDevice or erase your iDevice’s data.
Prevent your iDevice if it’s lost or stolen by Activation Lock.
In line with above-mentioned features, it is suggested that you need to turn on Find My iPhone. However, if you want to restore a backup or erase your iDevice, what you need to do is to disable it.
Summary: How To Turn Off Find My iPhone
We recommend using the Find My feature in case your iPhone or some other Apple device gets lost. However, in case you need to deactivate the feature, you can use one of these two methods to do so.
When buying refurbished iPhones from Swappie, you can be sure that the previous owners Find My iPhone feature has been turned off. Remember to make sure that you have turned off Find My iPhone when selling your old iPhone to Swappie.
How To Turn Off Find My iPhone Directly
This is the basic method that switches off Find My iPhone and no other settings.
1. In the Settings app, go into your iCloud account page. It’s a big label at the top that features your name and email address.
2. Now tap the “Find My” option.
3. Then tap “Find My iPhone.”
4. On the next screen, turn off the toggle button next to “Find My iPhone.”
5. You now have to confirm your choice. Enter your Apple ID password, then tap “Turn off.”
And with that, the process is complete. Look out for an automated email from Apple confirming that you’ve done this.
You can reverse this process if you change your mind later on by following these steps and switching the toggle back on.
Recommended Reading: Hdr Meaning iPhone
Turn Off The Find My iPhone Alert Sound
At the time of writing, theres no definite way of turning down the alert sound that plays on an iPhone when Find My iPhone is used to initiate an alarm. If you get locked out of your device or keep hearing the sound, we highly recommend getting in touch with an Apple store service and seeing what the on-scene technicians can do.
We hope that our article helped you successfully turn off Find My iPhone on your iPhone. If you ever need assistance with this action, return to this article and perform the recommended solutions again.
Some Of The Key Features Of Ultfone
- Remove activation lock from an iPhone/iPad/IPod Touch
- Turn off Find My iPhone, even if you dont know the Apple ID password
- Supports all iOS versions
So, if youve also forgotten the password of your Apple ID, heres how to directly turn off Find My iPhone using UltFone – Activation Unlocker.
- Step 1 Install and launch UltFone – Activation Unlocker on your PC and click Turn Off Find My iPhone.
- Step 2 In the next screen, click Start to proceed further. An agreement will pop up on your screen. Make sure to read it carefully and then click Next.
- Step 3 Now, connect your iDevice to the PC using a lightning cable. Unlock your iPhone/iPad and tap the Trust This Device option to establish a successful connection.
- Step 4 As soon as your device gets connected, the tool will start downloading the right Jailbreak tool. Make sure that your PC is connected to a stable Internet connection.
- Step 5 Once the Jailbreak tool is successfully downloaded, connect an empty USB drive to your PC. Then, use the drop-down menu to burn the Jailbreak tool to the flash drive.
- Step 6 Click Start and wait for the tool to burn the jailbreak environment to the selected flash drive.
- Step 7 Now, follow the on-screen instructions to jailbreak your iDevice.
- Step 8 After youve successfully completed the jailbreak process, click Start to turn off the Find My iPhone feature.
- Step 9 Once the Find My iPhone feature is disabled, youll see a confirmation message on your screen.
You May Like: Changing Battery iPhone 5s
How To Turn Off Find My iPhone Without Password
Step 1: By opening the Settings page go to your iCloud account.
Step 2: Here you need to remove the current password and enter any passcode and click ok
Step 3: As expected iCloud will inform you that either your username or your password is incorrect and does not match as displayed in the image below
Step 4: Now just tap OK and then click cancel. You will reach the iCloud page.
Step 5: Further, tap on Account and erase the description. Press ok
Step 6: It will now return to the main page on iCloud and wonât ask for the password this time. Here youâll see that Find My iPhone app has been on OFF mode automatically.
This is how you can Disable Find my iPhone without your password and without the need to jailbreak your phone. Scroll downward and choose to remove the account. Reconfirm and you are good to go.
We hope this article has helped you and answered your Questions related to Turning off Find my iPhone using different techniques. We would love to hear back from you and get your suggestions in delivering accurate and up to date information.
From Another Ios Device
If you have more than one iOS device, Find My iPhone can also be disabled remotely using the Find My iPhone app. All you have to do is launch the app, sign into your Apple account, select the offline device, then tap either Erase iPhone from the bottom or Remove from the top-right corner, then follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
Did this solve your issue? Let us know!
Also Check: How To Disable Private Browsing On iPhone
Can I Track Family Members With Find My App
Apples Family Sharing feature enables you to track up to five other devices. This option allows you to quickly check the location of your family members. Of course, your family members will have to accept this on their end, too.
Here are the steps for enabling this feature:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Select your name at the top.
3. Tap Family Sharing.
4. Tap Add Family Member.
5. Choose how you want to invite your family members to join. The available options are to invite them over iMessage or have them enter their Apple ID directly to your phone.
6. When your family members accept the invitation, they will have to turn on Location Services.
Now, youll be able to track your family members location through the Find My app. If one of the devices gets lost or stolen, youll be able to track it within the app. Whenever you want to stop sharing your location, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap your name at the top.
3. Switch the toggle button next to Share My Location.
Does Signing Out Of Icloud Turn Off Find My iPhone
If you have already signed out of iCloud on your iPhone before sending it away, you dont need to worry about turning off Find My iPhone on your device. Signing out of iCloud on an iPhone automatically turns off all iCloud features on that device, including Find My iPhone.
Heres how to sign out of iCloud on your iPhone:
Sign out of iCloud on Your iPhone
Now the iCloud is signed out on your iPhone and the Find My iPhone feature is disabled as well.
You May Need: How to Turn off Find My iPhone when Phone is Broken >
Read Also: How To Remove Sim Card From iPhone 7 Plus
Remove Find My iPhone Without Password Via Dns Bypass
If you are someone who keeps a tab on the latest Apple news, you have likely heard of the exploits that were found in some of the iOS versions. These versions included from iOS 8 to iOS 10 and you could actually use an exploit to turn off Find My iPhone without a password.
If your iPhone still runs one of these iOS versions and you have not updated to the latest version, you can use the exploit found in those iOS versions and disable the feature. The trick here is to change the current DNS server on your iPhone to one of the servers that help use the exploit.
You do not need a computer to use this work and you can change the DNS servers when you are connected to a WiFi network on your iPhone. There is no other equipments that you need to accomplish this on your iPhone.
Step 1. Launch the Settings app from the main screen on your iPhone.
Step 2. Find the option that says Wi-Fi and tap on it.
Step 3. Find the WiFi network that your iPhone is connected to and tap on the i icon next to that network on the list. This will open the panel where you can edit the DNS servers.
Access your WiFi Networks Information
Step 4. Tap on Configure DNS on the following screen and then enter one of the following IP addresses:
- 22.214.171.124 for the US
- 126.96.36.199 for Asia
Change the DNS for your WiFi Network
You can then go back to the main menu and try to disable the feature without a password.
How To Deactivate Find My iPhone
You can deactivate Find My iPhone on the device by going to Settings -> iCloud -> Find My iPhone and toggling it off.
Alternatively, you can also just turn off iCloud altogether.
However, if you dont have the iPhone anymore or cant access it because of a lost passcode, the new user wont be able to activate the iPhone, you wont be able to get back in, or you might not be able to restore to a previous iTunes backup. Luckily, theres a way to disable Find My iPhone remotely from a computer or other iOS device.
Also Check: How To Do Confetti On iPhone
Can You Delete Expired Subscriptions On iPhone
Yes, you can delete expired subscriptions and even active subscriptions on iPhone. Go to the Settings app on your iPhone 10. Tap your name or Profile icon located at the middle top of the screen, Select/Tap the option for subscriptions. This will give a list of all the subscriptions you have that are linked with your app store. Tap the expired subscription you want to delete.
Turn Off Find My iPhone Online
Did you know that you can turn off the Find My iPhone feature from a web browser? Using a computer, you can navigate to Apples website and turn off the feature remotely, as long as you know your Apple ID login. This is handy if youre having difficulties on mobile, or simply have no access to your iPhone.
Please note that this should only be used if you know that your phone is gone forever. If you sold your phone or donated it as a gift, make sure to reach out to the receiver to ensure theyre comfortable with you erasing the device.
Also Check: Block Email Messages
How To Disable Find My iPhone From iPhone
The quickest way to disable Find My iPhone is always through the device, be it an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. To do this, we go to the Settings menu, click on our user and then click on iCloud. The next screen will show all the iCloud services that we have activated on our device. We have to go to Find my iPhone and move the switch to the left to deactivate it.
At that time the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will ask us, yes or yes, the password of our iCloud account, without which we will never be able to deactivate the iCloud location service, so you must have the password at hand.
Why You Should Leave Find My Turned On
If you turn off Find My, you’ll no longer be able to locate your phone using the Find My app or the iCloud website.
That means you can’t see its location on a map, or trigger your iPhone to play a sound so you can find it in the seat cushions. Nor can you erase it remotely if it’s ever stolen. That’s why it’s a good idea to always leave Find My enabled, except for times when you specifically need to turn it off.
Keep in mind that despite ever-present concerns about privacy notwithstanding, no one else should be able to track your iPhone without your Apple ID username and password.
Read Also: What Does Hdr Mean On iPhone Camera
How To Turn Off Find My iPhone By Turning Off Icloud
This option disables all iCloud features, including Find My. This setting is good if you’re resetting your iPhone or swapping iCloud accounts.
1. In Settings, tap your name and email address at the top of the page to go to your iCloud settings.
2. Scroll all the way to the bottom. Hit the red “Sign out” button.
3.Enter your Apple ID password to turn off Find My iPhone. This is the same option you get using the previous method.
4. On the next screen, if you tap “Cancel,” you will not remove the iPhone from iCloud, but Find My will remain disabled. If you choose to continue, you now have the opportunity to save any iCloud data on to the iPhone itself. Choose whichever options you want to keep.
5. Once you’re done with this menu, tap “Sign out” in the top right corner.
6. Just to make sure you’re certain, the iPhone will check one more time that you want to sign out. Tap “Sign out” again on the pop-up menu.
You’ve now successfully switched off iCloud. Apple will then send you an automated email letting you know you’ve done this.
How To Edit Your Screen
While you can crop and trim your videos on the iPhone super easily, you can’t really make your video look professional. If you want to upgrade your iPhone screen recording video to the pro league, you can now do so using Filmr. Currently available to all iOS users, this is an app that allows you to create scroll stopping videos super easily.
Step 1: After downloading the Filmr app, launch it on your iPhone. Now tap the “Camera Roll” icon at the bottom left of your screen and select your screen recordings to be edited. Tap the “Import” button to import your screen recordings to Filmr.
Note: You can also select and import multiple video clips from your camera roll to Filmr.
Step 2: The cool thing about Filmr is the vertical editing interface made just for the smartphone. You will now see all the clips you’ve imported in a sequence. Drag the clips up or down to reposition them if you want to change the order of when the clips play.
Step 3: Trim a clip by clicking on the clip layer and slide the arrows right or left at the start and end. It’s that simple.
Step 4: Tap the three dots on the left corner before a clip to open up your settings. You can split a clip from here, add effects, filters, speed up or slow down your video, adjust clip volume and lots more.
Note: Unlike other video editing apps, splitting a clip is really easy on Filmr because when you split or break your clip into parts, the parts are also be visible as a separate clip automatically.
Also Check: How To Make iPhone Flash When Text
How To Use Find My iPhone On The Web
If you have a computer handy, you can easily track your missing iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on the web via iCloud.com. Its as easy as following these steps:
- Play sound Plays an audible tone, even if your device is on vibrate or silent. This is the option youll want to use if your iPhone or iPad has gone missing around the house.
- Lost mode If you use this option, youll be asked to enter a phone number that will display on the screen of your lost device. Someone can then use this number to call if they find the device. An audible tone will also be played to draw attention to the device.
- Erase If you dont think youre going to be able to retrieve the device, or youre worried about someone accessing your private data, you can remotely delete everything on it in order to protect your information.
- Defying the Distance through Shared Virtual Collaboration
- Everything about Apples Big iOS 14.5 Privacy Update & How App Developers Must Adapt
- Short-form Video Continues to Trend as Mainstream Social Apps Add TikTok-like Features