How To Log Out Of Facebook Messenger On iPhone Through The Facebook Mobile App
1. Open the Facebook app and after locating the three horizontally stacked lines in the lower right-hand corner of your screen, tap it to open a list of menu options.
2. Scroll down until you reach the “Settings & Privacy” section. Tap that, then select “Settings” again to be taken to a new screen of account and security settings.
3. Under the “Security” section, tap the first option titled “Security and login.”
4. Under the “Where you’re logged in” section, look for the device which is logged into Messenger . Tap the three horizontally stacked dots to the right of it and a pop-up will appear asking you to either secure your account or log out. Select “Log Out.”
Note that when you re-launch the Messenger app, you will be informed that your session is expired and that you’re required to sign in again in order to resume using Messenger.
Using The Facebook App
How To Log Out Of Facebook Messenger On iPhone Through The Messenger App
You can also log out through the Messenger app itself.
1. Open the Messenger app.
2. Tap your icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. In the menu that opens, scroll down and tap “Account Settings.”
4. This will open a Settings menu. Tap “Security and Login.”
5. Under the “Where you’re logged in” section, look for the device which is logged into Messenger . Tap the three horizontally stacked dots to the right of it and a pop-up will appear asking you to either secure your account or log out.
6. Select “Log Out.”
Don’t Miss: How To Access Blocked Numbers On iPhone
Stop Facebook Telling Everyone You Are Online When You Aren’t
By, Contributor| 23 Dec 2020
Messenger, Facebooks private-messaging app, makes it easy to stay in touch via texts, video chats, or group conversations. But if you want to log out when youve finished catching up, or have left your ID active on a device that you dont have with you, then it can be a bit tricky to find where the relevant settings live.
Facebook Messenger can also be a bit of a troublemaker, falsely claiming you are online when you are not. It doesn’t take too much imagination to understand how this could lead to some arguments between friends.;
Here’s how to properly log out of on your device.
Sign Out Of Icloud On Your iPhone iPad Ipod Touch Apple Tv Or Mac
You can sign out of iCloud on one of your devices, or you can sign out on all your devices to stop using iCloud.
When you sign out of iCloud, you’ll be asked if you want to keep a;copy of the information that you store in iCloud;on your device. Whatever you choose, your information will remain in iCloud. However, you can’t access or use the following services on your device after you sign out of iCloud:;
- Apple Pay,;Apple Cash, and Apple Card*
- Find My
- Home app to control your HomeKit devices
- iCloud Backup
- Updates to your contacts, calendars, reminders, bookmarks, and Safari tabs
- Continuity;features like Handoff, Universal Clipboard, and;Auto Unlock with your Apple Watch
- App data for any third-party apps that you’ve installed that use iCloud
* Your Apple Cash and Apple Card accounts are linked to your Apple ID. They can’t be transferred to a different Apple ID or accessed by a different Apple ID.
When you sign out of iCloud, you’re automatically;signed out of the App Store, iMessage, and FaceTime. You can to keep using the App Store. And you can use iMessage and FaceTime with your phone number.;
If you sign out of iCloud and you don’t keep a copy of your data on your device or your Mac, you can’t access that data;until you sign in to iCloud again.
You May Like: How To Set Number Of Rings On iPhone
Logging Out Of Messenger On A Mobile Device
While it might seem perfectly sensible to expect the logout setting to be in the Messenger app on your smartphone or tablet, that isnt the case. Instead, youll need to go through the Facebook app itself.
To find the log out option, open the Facebook app then tap the three lines icon .
Select Settings > Security and Login.
Now youll find, under the heading Where Youre Logged In, a list of the devices and locations that are currently active. Beneath the name of each device you should see whether youre logged into the Facebook App or Messenger.
Find the one you want to remove, and if its not listed as the two most recent devices just tap the See all option.
Find the last Messenger entry and tap the three dots to the right of its name. This opens up a dialog box from which you can tap Log Out to disable the session.
How To Log Out Of All Open Facebook Sessions From Your iPhone
If you are a Facebook user you likely sign into it from multiple devices and locations, whether from your personal iPhone, iPad or Mac, or from a computer in the lab, internet cafe or friend’s house. Whatever the case may be, you obviously don’t want to leave active sessions anywhere, as they would give access to a trove of private information and potentially allow for a lot of mischief. Thankfully there is a way to monitor and log out of open sessions from your iPhone or iPad.
The Facebook app allows you to view all of your active sessions, including where they are, when they were initiated and from what device. If there are any that you don’t recognize or want to log out of, you can close them. Here’s how to do it:
That’s all there is to it, it’s a quick and easy way to protect your privacy, so give it a look every once in a while to make sure you didn’t forget to log out somewhere.
Don’t Miss: How To Change iPhone 5s Battery
How To Log Out Of Messenger On iPhone Or iPad
This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. wikiHow’s Content Management Team carefully monitors the work from our editorial staff to ensure that each article is backed by trusted research and meets our high quality standards.The wikiHow Tech Team also followed the article’s instructions and verified that they work. This article has been viewed 312,815 times.
This wikiHow teaches you how to sign out of your Facebook account on the Messenger app, using an iPhone or iPad.
Logging Out Of Messenger On A Laptop Or Pc
If you dont have the device you want to logout, you can still disable it via the Facebook website. To do this, open your browser and go to Facebook. With your account logged in, click on the downwards facing arrow in the top right corner and select Settings & privacy > Settings.
On the next page youll see a column of options on the left side. Click on Security and login.
Now, from the section marked Where youre logged in find your device and click on the three dots to the right of its name, then select Log Out.
For more ways to get the most out of Facebooks communications app, read our guide.
Read Also: How To Setup iPhone Voicemail
How To Log Out Of Facebook Messenger On iPhone On Desktop
1. In your internet browser, go to Facebook.com and sign into your account.
2. In the upper right-hand corner of your screen, click on the downward facing arrow to reveal a list of menu options. Look for “Settings” at the bottom and click on it.
3. On the “Settings” screen, click on “Security and Login” on the menu on the left side of your screen. It should be the second option down from the top, just under “General.”
4. In the “Security and Login” section, look for the “Where You’re Logged In” heading. This area will tell you on which devices you’re currently logged into Facebook and via which app, i.e. Messenger.
5. Locate the active login on Messenger and, clicking the three horizontally stacked lines to the right of it, go to “Log out” and select it.
6. You will notice that the login then disappears from the list, which is how you’ll know you’ve successfully logged out.