How To Crack Itunes Backup Password For iPhone
Usually, people can use a password to protect their data from unauthorized access if they created a backup for their iPhone. If you want to password protect your iTunes backups, complete the following steps.
1.Connect your iPhone to your computer with Mac/Windows.
2.Launch iTunes on the computer and then select your iPhone after it detected your device.
3.Click Summary from the left menu bar.
4.Under the Backups section, check the box for Encrypt iPhone Backup.
5.When it asks you to create a password, type a password which is easy to remember and type it again to confirm. Then click Set Password.
Note that when you create a password, iTunes will also encrypt your previous backups. When you want to restore or disable this in future, you will be asked to enter this password. So, a strong password would be a good way to protect your iPhone backups.
However, a strong password may be forgotten or lost if you didnt use it for a lone time. If you have forgotten password for your iPhone iTunes backup, how can you crack the iPhone iTunes password? Your options are limited that you cannot get back the lost password from iTunes, but you can use the following methods to help crack your iPhone iTunes backup password easily.
Quick Tip : How To Add And Delete Email Accounts And Passwords On iPhone
Step 1: Navigate to the “Settings” application on your device.
Step 2: Next, find the “Passwords & Accounts” option on the main menu.
Step 3: If you wish to add an account, click on “Add Account”.
Step 4: A list of email providers appears on your screen, select your email provider.
Step 5: Enter the email address and password. Apple will now verify if the entered email.
Step 6: Address and password are valid. Once they’re validated, click on “save”.
If you wish to delete a particular email address, follow the below steps.
Step 1: In your âSettingsâ menu, head to “Passwords & Account”.
Step 2: Now, click on the email address you’d like to delete.
Step 3: Once done, all the information regarding the particular email appears on your screen. At the bottom, you’d be able to find “delete account” written in red. Click on it.
Step 4: Your device will ask you for confirmation. Click on “yes.”
How To Export Icloud Keychain Passwords
If you have synced your iPhone passwords to iCloud Keychain, you can export iCloud Keychain passwords with the help of a Mac. The built-in app on Mac – Keychain Access, will help to export iCloud Keychain passwords without hassle.
To export iCloud Keychain passwords:
Step 1. Turn on iCloud Keychain on both devices.
- On the iPhone: Go to the Settings app. Tap > “iCloud” > “Keychain” and enable “Keychain.”
- On your Mac: Go to the Apple menu and click “System Preferences.” Sign in to your Mac with the Apple ID used on the iPhone, then click “Apple ID” > “iCloud” > “Keychain.”
Step 3. Launch Keychain Access on your Mac.
Step 4. Select the items you want to export and click “File” > “Export Items.”
Step 5. Choose a destination folder and click “Save.”
Don’t Miss: How To Win At Pool On Imessage
How To Save Passwords On An iPhone
To save passwords on your iPhone, you simply need to turn on AutoFill. Heres how to do it:
Step 1: Go to Settings.
Step 2: Go to Passwords & Accounts.
Step 3: Tap AutoFill so that the slider is switched into the green “on” position.
You now have AutoFill working on your iPhone. You can use it whenever logging in to an account or creating a new one.
How To Transfer Saved Passwords To New iPhone With Itunes Backup
Another way to transfer passwords to the new iPhone 13 is using iTunes. First, you need to create an encrypted backup of your old iPhone to iTunes. Then, restore it to your new iPhone.
How do I transfer my passwords to a new phone?
1. Connect your old iPhone to the computer and run the latest version of iTunes.
2. Tap the iPhone icon when it appears in the iTunes window and click Summary.
3. Find and enable the Encrypt local backup option under Backups and type in a password for the backup. After that, confirm the password and tap Set Password to start the backup process.
Note: If the backup doesn’t start automatically, hit the Back Up Now button.
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to set up your new iPhone. When asked, click the Restore from Mac or PC option to transfer data and apps to your new iPhone.
5. Plug your new iPhone into the same computer and launch iTunes.
6. After trusting the computer, pick your new iPhone at the upper-left corner of the iTunes window and hit the Restore Backup option.
7. Select the latest backup file, enter the same password for the backup, and wait for it to complete the restoring process.
Guess you like: Are you eager to add a custom ringtones to your iPhone without iTunes? Why not try these 3 ways?
You May Like: How To Play 8 Ball Pool On Ios 10
What Is The Default Password For Itunes Backup
The iPhone users usually make a backup using the iTunes app, which is officially designed and promoted by the Apple Brand. It is often seen that the iTunes requests to enter the backup password when you try to restore the data. You may get irritated if you do not have any information about it, and start looking for solutions to recover forgot iTunes backup password. But few users start to panic because they never encrypted the backup file, but the iTunes restore is still asking for it.
When a backup file is created using iTunes, the user gets an option to protect it with a password for extra security, but he can also leave it blank as a choice. But it may happen that although you do not apply the password, the backup file automatically gets encrypted. This generally gives a feeling that iTunes could have a default setting to put an automated password. No matter how much you search out, what is the default password for iTunes backup, but the fact is that there is no pre-defined password for backup files.
The iTunes might have due to some technical fault, induced the password that you had used in some other place. So you may try to decrypt it with the password of your iPhone passcode, Apple ID password, Email password, and any different character combination that you have entered in the password field from your PC. If nothing works and you are still worried, how to change my iTunes backup password, then simply go through the methods given below.
How To View Saved Passwords Using Siri
Also Check: How To Play Pool On Game Pigeon
How To Reset Backup Password In Itunes
If you cant remember your password and the backup file does not contain any valuable data, then resetting the password would be the easiest and fastest way for you. Creating a new backup will automatically destroy the old password along with the previous backup.
Early versions of iOS did not allow pulling such tricks but starting with iOS 11 you can create new backups that will remove old ones and reset forgotten passwords.
Here is what you need to do:
The pros of the method:
- enables you to instantly reset the old password and create a new one
- enables you to keep using the device and iTunes with no interruption or delay
- you wont ever be able to open the backup file encrypted with the lost password
- you cant recover your password, you just reset it and lose all the data from the old backup
If youre not happy with this easy method then try to recover your password and save your backup.
What Password Is Itunes Asking For To Restore Backup
You may want to restore your iPhone from a backup after a reset, update or data loss. However, iTunes prompts a window asking for a password to decrypt the backup file. Below are some of the frequently used passwords that you can try to decrypt the backup password:
- Try the iTunes Store password firstly.
- Your iCloud accounts password.
- 0000, which is sometimes the default password.
- Your iPhones 6/4 digit unlock code.
- Password for logging onto Windows.
- Email passwords, MS Exchange account passwords, and other passwords.
So, if iTunes prompts you for a default iTunes backup password, try the above mentioned passwords to unlock the iTunes backup password.
Recommended Reading: How To Block Scam Likely iPhone
Top 2 Isunshare Itunes Password Genius
iSunShare iTunes Password Genius, a professional password recovery tool, which dedicates to offer you an easy way to recover iTunes backup password without effort. Its leading recovery rate, maximize compatibility, fluent user experience, and lowest price make it come to the top 1 iPhone backup password recovery on our list.
iSunShare iTunes Password Genius
- Provides four attack types to recover forgotten iPhone backup passcodes.
- Offers free trial to recover password containing no more than 3 characters.
- If the password is complicated and long, it will take a long time to recover.
- Some Windows users reported it may not works for some backups in the latest iOS 11.
Transfer Passwords To A New iPhone Using Itunes Backup
4. A backup of your device should start automatically. In case it doesnt, start the backup manually, by pressing the button Back up now.
5. Thats it! Then, when you set up your new phone and get asked how to transfer data and apps to the iPhone, tap Restore from Mac or PC.
6. Connect your new iPhone to the computer you used to back up your old phone.
7. Open iTunes and select your new phone.
8. Select Restore Backup, choose the necessary backup, enter the password for the backup, and wait till the restore process is completed.
You May Like: Will An iPhone Xs Max Case Fit An iPhone Xr
Section 1 How To Transfer Passwords With Icloud Keychain
The most convenient service of sharing data between iPhone is iCloud sync. It allows you to upload iPhone data to the server and easily access and download the data on all of your iOS devices.
Passwords are very important and private data, so iCloud would protect your passwords very carefully and wonât read your passwords. You could easily download passwords from iCloud.
> Steps to import passwords to iPhone with iCloud Keychain:
1. Connect your old iPhone to the Internet.
2. On your iPhone, open Settings app.
3. Tap your profile.
4. Select iCloud.
5. Select Keychain.
6. Turn on iCloud Keychain and input your passcode or Apple ID password. Wait for a few minutes.
7. Activate your new iPhone and connect it to the Internet.
8. On your new iPhone switch on iCloud Keychain in the same way. Wait for several minutes to download passwords to new iPhone.
Every time you open the app and the account and password are asked, you can use the touch ID or Apple ID password to autofill the account and password.
Transfer Passwords With Icloud Keychain
The most convenient service for sharing data between iPhones is iCloud sync. It allows you to upload iPhone data to the server and easily access and download the data on all of your iOS devices.
Passwords are very important and private data, so iCloud would protect your passwords very carefully and wont read your passwords. You could easily download passwords from iCloud.
# Steps to import passwords to iPhone with iCloud Keychain:
- Connect your old iPhone to the Internet.
- Open the Settings app, on your iPhone.
- Select another device as the recipient.
- Receive the password on your new iPhone.
# If AirDrop Method wont work
There are times when users are not able to transfer passwords to a new iPhone by following the above method. In that case, I would recommend going through these quick tips to troubleshoot the passwords that did not transfer to the new iPhone problem.
Make sure that both the devices are running on iOS 11 or a later version.
The WiFi and Bluetooth options should also be enabled on both devices.
Sometimes, even after transferring passwords, Safari is not able to autofill them. To correct this, go to the Settings > Passwords & Accounts option on your iPhone and enable the Autofill Passwords feature
Read Also: Playing 8 Ball On Imessage
Solution : Restore & Reset iPhones Factory Settings
Restore factory device settings after removing all settings and contents. The method can effectively fix the error and also any other potential bug.
Steps to reset iTunes backup password factory settings
Step 1: Make a backup first on your iTunes.
Step 2: Go to Settings> General> Reset and Reset all Content and Settings. Enter the password if prompted.
Step 3: Select the Erase button on warning pop-ups and ask the phone screen for confirmation.
Step 4: Connect iPhone with PC, open iTunes, and select Restore Backup, as shown in the image below.
How To Reset If You Forgot Itunes Password
If you forgot the iTunes backup password, make sure to consider some essential facts beforehand. First of all, it is not possible at all to restore encrypted backup folder. You must have a password for it to happen. However, you can reset all settings and make a new password, after all.
Follow the steps given below to reset the iTunes backup password.
Step 1: Click Settings on your iOS device
First, click on Settings on your iOS device and then General> Reset.
Step 2: Go for Reset option
Now, you can go to Reset All Settings and confirm with the security passcode. Then, your phone will automatically go through the resetting process and set it to default preference settings. You can also remove the previous backup password without worrying about erasing any other apps or data.
Step 3: Connect the iOS device.
Connect your iPhone with PC via USB cable. Consider the small iOS icon given in the below figure. Simply click it.
Step 4: Encrypt new backup password
Go to Summary Page and select The Computer. Set a new password after tapping Encrypt Local Backup. Tap the Backup Now button and wait for iTunes to set your new password.
So, you don’t need to change or enter a password every time. It’s just that you are required to set up a new password every time you forget it. Well, it’s a kind of inconvenience also that you can’t recover a forgotten password.
You May Like: Pool Game Ios 10
Section 2 How To Transfer Passwords With Encrypted Itunes Backup
Your passwords could be transferred to new iPhone when you do full iPhone migration with iTunes. You need to save the encrypted iPhone backup to iTunes and then transfer them to your new iPhone.
There is one thing you need to know is that you canât transfer data from new iOS to the previous iOS or the process could not be finished.
> Steps to transfer iPhone passwords with iTunes:
1. Download and install the latest iTunes.
2. Connect your old iPhone to computer with USB cable.
3. Click the device icon of your iPhone in iTunes.
4. Check Encrypt local backup, create a password and then click Back Up Now. Wait for a few minutes to complete the process and then disconnect your old iPhone.
5. Connect your new iPhone to iTunes and click the device icon.
6. Click Restore Backup, select your encrypted backup, enter the password and then transfer everything include passwords to new iPhone.
How To Transfer Passwords To Your New iPhone With Itunes Backup
iOS backups make it very easy to restore your new device from a backup of your old device, so it is in a ready to use state with all your settings, apps and data. You dont have to go through the hassle of reconfiguring your new device to your liking, but you would still have to enter your mail account and other passwords again. Heres a tip to make the transition from an old device to a new one even more seamless.
However, you may have noticed, that after restoring your new device from a backup, you need to re-enter the passwords, which is quite painful.
In case youre not aware, iTunes has a solution for this problem. While iTunes doesnt normally back up passwords when backing up your device, if you select the Encrypt iPhone backup option, the keychain information will also be backed up.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to enable encrypted iTunes backups:
- Open iTunes, connect your device, and select it from the top-right section in iTunes.
- Go to the Summary section, scroll to Backups, and enable the Encrypt iPhone backup option.
- When you check encrypt, iTunes will prompt you to enter a password for the backup. Once youre done entering and confirming the password, you can tell iTunes to even save the password in your keychain so that you dont have to remember it.
- Once youre done, iTunes should automatically initiate a backup of your device, but if it doesnt you can hit the Back up now button to manually start a backup.
Also Check: Will iPhone Xr Support 5g