How To Pay In
To pay in-store, theres no need to wake your iPhone or open an app. Just hold the iPhone near the reader with your finger on Touch ID, or angle the camera to your face to use Face ID. Youll see done on the display, along with a subtle vibration and beep, letting you know your payment info was sent.
Double-click the side button and hold the display of your Apple Watch up to the reader. A gentle tap and beep confirms that your payment information was sent.*
To pay in apps and on the web with iPhone and iPad, select Apple Pay as the payment method during checkout and place your finger on Touch ID or use Face ID. To pay on Mac in Safari, choose Apple Pay then complete the purchase with your iPhone or Apple Watch.*
How To Set Up Apple Pay On An iPhone Or iPad
1. Open your device’s “Settings” app and select the “Wallet & Apple Pay” menu.
2. Tap “Add Card.”
3. Tap “Continue” on the introduction page.
4. Select the type of payment card you’d like to add.
5. Add a credit card by holding the phone over the card, letting the iPhone automatically read the number off the front of the card.
6. Or enter your card information manually by tapping “Next” and “Back” to toggle between entering your name and card number or expiration date and security code.
7. You should see the Terms and Conditions page. Review the information and tap “Agree.”
8. Your iPhone will attempt to confirm the card with your card company and add it to the Wallet. For some cards, this happens automatically, though for other cards, you might need to enter a verification code or otherwise communicate with your card company.
9. When you finish this process, you should see the card appear in your Wallet. Repeat that process for any other credit cards that you want to add.
How To Add A Card For Apple Pay With The Apple Watch App On Your iPhone
Follow the steps on the screen to add your card.
If necessary, verify your information with your bank or card issuer. They may ask you for additional information or download an app before letting you use your card with Apple Pay.
Don’t Miss: How To Play 8 Ball On Imessage
With Your iPhone Or iPad
How To Set Up Apple Pay On iPhone 13
Need to set up Apple Pay on iPhone 13? Follow these steps:
Open the Wallet app.
Tap Debit or Credit Card.
Position your credit card in the viewfinder on the screen and the Wallet app will detect it and add it. Verify the card number and tap Next.
Verify the expiration date, add the three-digit security code, and tap Next.
Agree to terms and condition.
Tap Done and the card will now be available for use with Apple Pay in your Wallet app.
You May Like: How To Do A Dfu Restore
Cancel An Apple Cash Payment
There might be a time when you need to cancel an Apple Cash payment. For example, if you sent someone money who hasn’t accepted, you might want to cancel it and pay them via a different method.
1. Open Messages and go to the payment or find the payment on the Latest Transactions screen underneath Apple Cash card in the Wallet app.
2. Tap the payment to see its details, then check the status field.
3. From there, tap Cancel Payment. The status field should update to read Canceled. If you don’t see the option to cancel, then the person has already accepted the payment. In which case you’ll need to ask the person to send money back to you.
Apple Cash is a really convenient albeit complex system. Once you have the basics set up, you should be good to go.
How To Use Apple Pay On iPhone: The Complete Guide For Reluctant Users
Apple Pay has been around since October 2014 in the U.S. and July 2015 in the U.K. More countries have followed suit since. It’s an Apple product so, as you’d expect, it’s intuitive and straightforward to use, right? Well, mostly, yes.
Welcome to Apple Pay.
Update: Now updated to include later Face ID iPhone models and link to the excellent Apple Pay on Apple Watch guide by Anthony Karcz.
But I find a lot of people I talk to , don’t use it because they think the details are confusing or they get it wrong and it doesn’t work. After that experience, they don’t want that humiliation in the checkout line again.
Or it just takes too long to get in to the subway and people are tutting behind them.
If you’re one of those people, Apple Pay will hold no fears for you after you’ve read this. If you’re not one of those people, then, congratulations, and maybe there’ll be a nugget or two here to help you explain it to your cautious friends
This guide is for Apple Pay on iPhone as that’s the most popular way it’s used. I’ll follow up with separate guides for iPad and Mac usage and for Apple Pay Cash. Meanwhile, fellow Forbes contributor has written a tremendous guide to how to use Apple Pay on Apple Watch and I recommend it highly.
I’ve peppered the article with questions I’ve been asked by others, so maybe they’re queries you have, too.
Apple Pay guides you to a data privacy screen.
Hold on, I don’t see the Plus symbol.
So, what do you want me to do, exactly?
You May Like: Can I Screen Mirror iPhone To Samsung Tv
If Youre In China Mainland
To pay in stores with your credit or debit card, you need to:
Find Your Monthly Balance
The monthly balance includes all of your spending in a calendar month , interest charges, and credits posted to your account. It also includes any remaining balance from the previous month. If you have Apple Card Monthly Installments,2 your monthly balance includes your interest-free monthly installment. When you pay the monthly balance, it stops additional interest charges on your account.
If you already paid some of your monthly balance, your remaining monthly balance is shown. If you pay off your monthly balance each month by the due date, you aren’t charged interest.
Recommended Reading: How To Change iPhone 5s Battery
How To Set Up Apple Pay On Apple Watch
To setup Apple Pay on the Apple Watch, you’ll first need to open the Watch app on your iPhone. Make sure you’re in the My Watch tab > Scroll down to Wallet & Apple Pay > Tap Add Card.
Like on the iPhone, your bank will verify your information. You may need to provide additional verification again. You’ll receive a notification on your Apple Watch that your card is ready for Apple Pay.
Pay With A Different Card Instead Of Your Default Card
Here’s how to switch cards:
- iPhone with Face ID: Double-click the side button. When your default card appears, tap it, then tap to choose another card. Glance at your iPhone to authenticate with Face ID, then hold the top of your device near the reader to pay.
- iPhone with Touch ID: Hold your device near the reader without resting your finger on Touch ID. When your default card appears, tap it, then tap to choose another card. Rest your finger on Touch ID to pay.
- Apple Watch: Double-click the side button. When your default card appears, swipe left or right to choose another card. Hold your watch near the reader to pay.
Also Check: How To Connect iPhone To Samsung Smart Tv
How To Add Cards To Apple Watch
- To add a card to your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone. Go to the My Watch tab and select the watch youre going to use with Apple Pay. Tap Wallet & Apple Pay > Add Card.
- You may be asked to set up a passcode, or if you already have done so, type it in. You can opt for a simple four-digit passcode, or you can choose to unlock the watch with your iPhone as long as you are wearing it. An Erase Data toggle wipes your watch after 10 false passcode tries. Wrist Detection locks your watch when youre not wearing it to secure your data.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your card, or enter the security code associated with the card you already use with iTunes. Adding a new card to your watch is essentially the same as the steps outlined above for your iPhone. The app stores your card number and asks for the expiration date and security code.
- Tap Next and your information will be verified. Youll be asked to approve Terms and Conditions. Tap Agree.
- The Card Verification sheet appears, and you can dial your bank to complete the process or complete the verification later.
- In some cases, your bank may need more information. To verify, check and tap Next. Or your bank may automatically verify your account and send you a verification code to enter immediately.
- After your information is verified, tap Next once again to finish the setup process. Youll get a notice that your card is now ready for use on your watch.
With Other Mac Models
Read Also: Why Is My iPhone Stuck On The Loading Screen
Transfering Your Venmo Balance To Your Bank Account
Which Banks And Cards Support Apple Pay
Apple Pay supports most major credit and debit cards providers including Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Apple’s Apple Card is also supported, unsurprisingly.
You do need to use a participating bank but most major banks now support Apple Pay. You can find complete lists of all the banks supported in each country by clicking the relevant links below:
Also Check: How To Play 8ball On iPhone
A Simple Way To Get Started
To get started, you need a supported iPhone or iPad. Simply add your Navy Federal credit or debit card to your Apple Pay account with your iSight ® camera or by entering it manually.
The first card you add will automatically become your default payment card. You can go to Wallet anytime to pay with a different card and add or remove any of your cards as needed.
How To Use Apple Pay With Watch
To launch Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, double-click the button next to the Digital Crown. Your default payment card will appear on your Apple Watch screen with “Hold Near Reader to Pay” below, after which you can place your watch up to the payment terminal and a pulse and beep will confirm that your payment has gone through.
Swiping right to left on your Apple Watch display will present any other cards you have registered.
Also Check: How To Check Amber Alert On iPhone
Apple Pay: Payer Avec Son iPhone Comment A Marche
Sortir son iPhone plutt que sa carte bancaire pour acheter un article en magasin: cest possible, simple et sr, condition que votre banque lautorise. Voici tout ce quil faut savoir pour utiliser Apple Pay.
Montre, agenda, rveil, appareil, tlphone fixe, lecteur MP3, GPS: la liste est longue des outils que le smartphone a remplacs dans notre quotidien. Le prochain sur la liste pourrait tre la . En effet, la plupart des tlphones intelligents rcents peuvent tre utiliss pour rgler des achats en magasin, grce au sans contact.
Cest le cas dun des modles les plus populaires, liPhone, grce Apple Pay. Lanc en octobre 2014 aux Etats-Unis, le service de paiement mobile est arriv en France en juillet 2016 dabord dans une poigne de banques . Quatre ans plus tard, il est dsormais accessible plus de 90% des porteurs de cartes bancaire en France. Pour utiliser Apple Pay, il faut en effet possder une carte dans une banque ayant pass un accord avec Apple.
En France, il est le service du genre le plus populaire: il est utilis par 41% des adeptes de paiements sur smartphone, devant et Paylib . Cest nettement plus que la part de march dApple en France sur le march des terminaux mobiles, qui se situe autour de 25% .
Paying Another User On Venmo
Read Also: How To Connect iPhone To Samsung Smart Tv
Local Backup Encryption Issue
In September 2016, it was discovered that the encryption of local iOS backups made with is weaker for iOS 10 devices than for devices running iOS 9. Russian software firm discovered that the iOS 10 backup process skips several security checks, making it “approximately 2,500 times” faster to try passwords, enabling 6 million password tries per second compared to the 2,400 password tries per second for the same process ElcomSoft has used on iOS 9. The firm stated that the impact is “severe”. Apple acknowledged the problem, said it planned to issue a security update, but also stated that backups were not affected. The iOS 10.1 update subsequently fixed the issue.