Try A Different Terminal
You may not have a malfunctioning phone but rather a terminal problem. For example, sometimes, when you use your Apple Pay, for whatever reason, there could be a glitch on that particular terminal that youre using.
So, if you happen to get somewhere like Walmart, try using a different register and see if it gets approved because it could be just a simple issue with that particular terminal that you are using and not your Apple Pay.
How To Use Apple Pay In Apps And Online Stores
If youre buying something through a partnered online store or app on your iPhone or iPad, youll just use Face ID/Touch ID to complete the purchase. Depending on the app, you may have to toggle on a setting to allow the app to access Apple Pay, or to set Apple Pay as your default method of payment.
For the Mac, use your Touch Bar and Touch ID sensor, or use your paired secondary device to complete transactions. Make sure all your devices are connected to the same iCloud account.
How To Add Cards To Apple Watch
- To add a card to your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on your iPhone. Go to the My Watch tab and select the watch youre going to use with Apple Pay. Tap Wallet & Apple Pay > Add Card.
- You may be asked to set up a passcode, or if you already have done so, type it in. You can opt for a simple four-digit passcode, or you can choose to unlock the watch with your iPhone as long as you are wearing it. An Erase Data toggle wipes your watch after 10 false passcode tries. Wrist Detection locks your watch when youre not wearing it to secure your data.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your card, or enter the security code associated with the card you already use with iTunes. Adding a new card to your watch is essentially the same as the steps outlined above for your iPhone. The app stores your card number and asks for the expiration date and security code.
- Tap Next and your information will be verified. Youll be asked to approve Terms and Conditions. Tap Agree.
- The Card Verification sheet appears, and you can dial your bank to complete the process or complete the verification later.
- In some cases, your bank may need more information. To verify, check and tap Next. Or your bank may automatically verify your account and send you a verification code to enter immediately.
- After your information is verified, tap Next once again to finish the setup process. Youll get a notice that your card is now ready for use on your watch.
Also Check: What Is Soundcheck
Make Sure You Have Apple Wallet Installed
To use Apple Pay, you need to have the Apple Wallet app installed on your iOS device. After iOS 10 came out, it became possible to remove preinstalled Apple apps, and the Apple Wallet is no exception. Many people unknowingly remove the wallet app from their device before they even use it.
We all know there are a lot of preinstalled apps that we never use, but this one is actually handy and can make payments easy.
If you removed the Wallet app, you can download and install it from the App Store. It is also important to note that with Apple Pay, you can only send money to other Apple users, and they will need to have the Wallet app installed as well.
How Do I Pay With Apple Wallet
To use Apple Pay, you must first enable your Apple Wallet app. To enable this feature, double-click the side button on your iPhone. Then, tap your card to authorize the transaction. Once the transaction is completed, you will see the history of your purchases in the Transactions tab. If you dont have Wallet enabled yet, it is very simple to enable it from the Lock screen.
After enabling the feature, you need to add your payment card. Once you have done that, you need to hold the device near a contactless reader or Touch ID sensor to complete the payment. This feature allows you to choose from a list of cards you have stored on your iPhone. After adding your payment card, you can then view your transactions and choose which one you want to use. This feature is very useful for paying for things when youre out and about.
If you have an iPhone that supports Face ID, you can enable Face ID to access the Wallet app. Then, hold your iPhone near a contactless payment terminal and wait for three green circles to appear on your screen. After that, simply press your finger to the Touch ID sensor on your iPhone. Youll be prompted to enter your Apple Pay card. You can also choose to pay using your Passcode if you prefer.
Don’t Miss: How To Retrieve Old Text Messages On iPhone
Choose Your Phone Number And Email Address In Apple Pay
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Touch Wallet and Apple Pay. This will display you all the cards and bank accounts youve connected to your Apple ID.
3. Under Transactions, tap on Email.
3. Then, select the email address you want to use with your Apple Pay. If you intend to add a new email address, they must tap on the Enter New Email Address option. Alternatively, if you want to upload one from a contact, you should tap on Add from Existing Contact.
4. In the top right corner of the screen, tap on Done.
The steps above need to be repeated for your Phone Number as well. We advise that you restart your device after the process.
How Apple Pay Is Different With The Apple Card
The only visible differences between using Apple Pay via Apple Card instead of any other bank card is that the setup is even easier.
Beyond that, the way you use it to spend money is precisely the same. Apple Card does have the advantage that it gives you Daily Cash back for your purchases.
Other cards will have similar benefits, but the Apple Card one sees the money being paid directly into your Wallet.
Whether or not you use Apple Card to get Daily Cash, though, the sheer convenience and reliability of Apple Pay makes it more than worthwhile setting up.
Keep up with AppleInsider by downloading the AppleInsider app for iOS, and , Twitter and for live, late-breaking coverage. You can also check out our official account for exclusive photos.
Recommended Reading: 9 Ball Game Pigeon
Which Banks And Cards Support Apple Pay
Apple Pay supports most major credit and debit cards providers including Visa, MasterCard and American Express. Apple’s Apple Card is also supported, unsurprisingly.
You do need to use a participating bank but most major banks now support Apple Pay. You can find complete lists of all the banks supported in each country by clicking the relevant links below:
Set Up Face Id Or Touch Id Properly On iPhone
If you are using Apple Pay on an iPhone that has Touch ID, then make sure that your PIN and fingerprint are set up correctly. If you are using Apple Pay on an iPhone that has a Face ID, make sure that you have set up Face ID properly. Similarly, if you use Apple Pay on your Apple Watch, make sure that passcode is set up on the watch.
Read Also: Imessage 8 Ball Pool Cheats
How To Use Apple Pay To Buy Something On The Web
Whether you’re online with your iOS device or your Mac, you will sometimes see an option to pay with Apple Pay. It is far from universal, it’s not even close to being as ubiquitous as paying via PayPal, but it is increasing.
You get the option, if it’s available to you, when you’re using Safari on a recent iOS or Mac device.
The iPhone will need your Face ID or Touch ID to confirm. And your Mac, if it has Touch ID, will also need to verify you are you. However, this just means having to look at your iOS device or use your fingerprint to make a payment.
Similarly, you may find that apps that include the option to use Apple Pay. You can see this in Apple’s own shopping app, but it is also slowly spreading to other developers.
Add A Previous Card On Your iPhone
Once you’ve added your card, you can start using Apple Pay.
To remove a card from the Previous Cards screen, tap Edit > Remove button > Delete. Then, tap Delete Card to confirm and remove the card from all your devices.
Don’t Miss: Block Scam Likely iPhone
What iPhone Do I Need To Use Apple Pay
Apple Pay was released in October 2014 – which means it can be used on any iPhone model released after this date.
This means Apple Pay is available for iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, SE, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max and 12.
Apple Pay is available for use on these models in 51 countries around the world.
Apple Pay can also be used with an Apple Watch and even a Mac.
Express Transit Or Express Travel
Since iOS 12.3, supported credit and debit cards, as well as some stored-value transport cards can be used to pay for journeys on certain public transport networks without requiring the user to authenticate the payment with Touch ID or Face ID. Once a supported credit, debit or transit card is selected as a user’s Express Transit/Travel card, the user can simply hold their device near the card reader, for example at ticket barriers, to initiate or authorise payment for the journey.
Within iOS, the functionality is labelled as “Express Transit” in North America and “Express Travel” in most other English-speaking countries, because “transit” in most varieties of English has a narrower meaning of travelling through a jurisdiction or airport during a journey as opposed to travel or transport in general.
On iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and later, Express Transit/Travel cards can be used up to five hours on Power Reserve after the device has powered off due to a drained battery. The typical low-battery icon will display with “Express Cards Available” text appearing at the bottom of the display, letting users know that Express Transit/Travel is still available for usage.
(Express Mode more generally is also available for contactless student ID cards stored in the Wallet app as well as digital car keys.
You May Like: Where Is The Microphone On iPhone Se 2020
How To Set Up Apple Pay On Your Apple Watch
How To Set Up Apple Pay On Your iPad
Recommended Reading: How To Screen Shot iPhone 5
How To Tag Your iPhone Or Apple Watch On A Clipper Reader
To tag your iPhone or Apple Watch, simply hold it near the Clipper reader every time you board a bus, train, or ferry including when you transfer. There’s no need to open an app. With Express Transit enabled, you don’t have to validate with Face ID, Touch ID or enter a passcode. Learn more about Express Transit.Learn more about using Express Transit with Apple Pay, Opens in new window.
On most buses and stand-alone readers, you will be shown the amount of your transactions and your balance after tagging your iPhone or Apple Watch. In order to use Clipper with Apple Pay on SFMTA cable cars and other transit services using handheld card readers, all customers must authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode.
What Button Do You Use For Apple Pay
What button do you use for Apple Pay on your iPhone 11? You can use Apple Pay with two methods: double-clicking the Side button or tapping the terminals contactless sensor. Both methods establish your intent, which is necessary to avoid being tricked by a skimmer or beacon. If you choose the first method, youll have to switch to the other. Then, youll see the Done message after holding the top of the iPhone near the contactless reader.
Double-clicking the side button brings up the Wallet app. You can use it to authorize Face ID, fill in your billing information, and finish the transaction. If you use the Apple Watch, you can double-tap the Digital Crown button to bring up your default Apple Pay card. However, you can choose a different Apple Pay card if you prefer. To make your Apple Pay transactions safer, avoid using your phone in public.
Read Also: How To Bulk Delete Photos From iPhone 6
What Stores Accept Apple Pay
Apple Pay is accepted in thousands of stores, restaurants, metro stations, and more. You can tell if a store accepts Apple Pay if it has the Apple pay logo or contactless payment logo at the register.
Some of the stores that accept Apple Pay are McDonalds, Pizza Hut, and Starbucks. You can also use Apple Pay to buy gas at Chevron, book a flight with United Airlines, and more.
How Do I Access My Wallet On My iPhone
If you are not using the Wallet app on your iPhone, you can do so by enabling it on your lock screen. You will be able to access Wallet from the lock screen by double-clicking the right-side button on your iPhone. Alternatively, you can press the home button to open the Wallet app. After enabling the feature, you will need to keep your iPhone within your view.
Once your Wallet is open, you can use Apple Pay to make purchases with your card. To enable Apple Pay, you must add your credit card to your Wallet. You can either scan it or manually input the number. Once you enter your credit card number into Wallet, Apple will verify the information with the issuer and add it to your phone. When the card is ready, you will be notified by Apple and can use the app to make purchases with it.
Learn More Here:
Also Check: Bitmoji Keyboard iPhone
How To Make A Payment With Apple Pay Using Your iPhone
1. When you’re ready to pay, activate Apple Pay. On an iPhone without a home button, you do this by quickly double-clicking the side button. The Wallet screen will appear and scan your Face ID.
On an iPhone with a home button, rest your finger on the home button until the Wallet screen appears.
2. Hold the iPhone directly over the point of sale terminal. You might need to look for the Apple Pay or wireless symbol so you know where to position the phone. If in doubt, you can ask the cashier where to position it.
3. If you want to use the default credit card, use Touch ID or Face ID to approve the transaction. If you want to switch to another card, tap the card you want to use before you approve the transaction.
How To Use Apple Pay On Your Apple Watch
Once you’ve set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, you can add the cards to your Apple Watch to use it to buy stuff, too. Here’s what to do:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Choose “Wallet & Apple Pay.”
- Select “Add Card”
- Hit “Continue.”
- Select one of the cards you’d like to use on your Apple Watch
- Verify the 3-digit or 4-digit CCV code.
- Agree to the terms.
Now, you can use your Apple Watch or your iPhone to buy stuff where Apple Pay is accepted. Just do this:
- Double tap the power button on the side of your Apple Watch.
- Your cards will appear. Swipe to choose the one you want.
- Hold your Apple Watch near the reader in the store to buy something.
You May Like: How To Turn Audio File Into Ringtone iPhone