How To Choose The Best Method To Erase iPhone Data And Settings
As you have already picked your method let us focus down on the process of individual methods
How To Restore Disabled iPhone
How to unlock disabled iPhone without losing data
I have come across many iPhone users asking the question how to undisable an iPhone and fix, iPhone disabled connect to iTunes without losing data. In this post I am, therefore, going to show how to unlock disabled iPhone without losing data.
The above iPhone disabled message mostly occurs as a result of pass-code issues. It usually means that you forgot passcode on iPhone and you entered wrong passcode too many times for which the iPhone is locked out to protect itself against possible hacking attempts. Now lets see how to restore disabled iPhone without losing data.
A passcode protects the contents of your iPhone from unauthorized access. When you set up a password to power on your iPhone to secure your device and you enter a wrong passcode five times in a row, youll be locked out for 1 minute with the message iPhone disabled, try again in 1 minute.
5 incorrect entries in a row iPhone disabled try again in 1 minute 7 incorrect entries in a row iPhone disabled try again in 5 minutes 8 incorrect entries in a row iPhone disabled try again in 15 minutes 9 incorrect entries in a row iPhone disabled try again in 60 minutes 10 incorrect passcode entries iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes
How to restore disabled iPhone without losing data?
You can unlock disabled iPhone which is locked out due to wrong passcode entry by following the steps mentioned below:
How Do I Unlock A Disabled iPhone
Only iPhones which are disabled for a period of time can be unlocked, after the waiting period. You can not unlock it when an iPhone is disabled for an unknown time gap. You can reset it so that the phone is not disabled anymore. There are four ways to reset your disabled iPhone, namely:The iCloud method
Recommended Reading: Why Am I Not Receiving Group Texts On My iPhone
How To Unlock A Disabled iPhone Without Itunes
Some iPhone users find that connecting the disabled iPhone to iTunes doesnt fix the problem. Fear not! You can unlock disabled iPhone without iTunes using third-party tool, known as Tenorshare 4uKey with just a few simple clicks.
Tenorshare 4uKey is an easy tool designed to unlock iPhone screen without iTunes. Whether its a simple 4-digit passcode, 6-digit passcode or more complex custom numeric code and alphanumeric passcode, 4uKey offers the ability to remove an iPhone screen lock passcode in a very short amount of time.
Tenorshare 4uKey has one of the best mobile interfaces out there. Its features options are robust, but youll never struggle to navigate them. Tenorshare 4uKey is designed to allow you to unlock a disabled iPhone with minimal effort. It succeeds at that goal.
Unlocking a disabled iPhone works like magic. You just need to connect your iPhone to your computer, launch Tenorshare 4uKey and perform a few Clicks.
With that in mind, here is how to unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes using Tenorshare 4uKey:
Steps to remove lock screen and unlock disabled iPhone without iTunes
Step-1: Download, install and launch 4uKey on your Mac or Windows computer. It is necessary to sign in to the software with your registration Code. Then click on Unlock Lock Screen Passcode to get started.
Step-2: Connect the disabled iPhone to your Mac or Windows computer through a USB cable.Step-3: Click the Start button on the main interface
Choose The Option To Restore
Now that you’ve selected your iPhone or iPad on the computer you need to click on Restore.
Once you do this the necessary software will download. This can take a few minutes. If it takes longer than 15 minutes you might need to reconnect your device following the steps above.
Once the download has finished you will see onscreen prompts to follow. First you will have to wait while the data on your device is erased.
You May Like: How To Block Ads On iPhone
How Can I Speed Up My iPhone When Its Disabled
iPhone Is Disabled How To Fix With Or Without Connecting To Itunes
Have you ever picked up your iPhone to discover the message iPhone is disabled and to try again in 1 minute or to try again 5, 15, 60 minutes? In the worst scenarios, the message says iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes, and the device is unusable until then. So, what is going on here, why is the iPhone disabled? And how do you fix it so that you can use the iPhone again? The answers to these questions are usually straight forward, lets review the causes of this message, and more importantly, the solutions to this so that you can unlock and re-enable the iPhone again for full use.
Recommended Reading: How To Block Ads On Safari iPhone
How Can I Avoid Getting A Disabled iPhone In Future
To avoid forgetting the passcode and unable to get into your iPhone in future, we’ve listed a few measures you can take.
1. Set a more memorable screen passcode that is easier for you to remember. If needed, write down some clues as to what your password might be on your paper or notes.
2. Another option is to set up additional Touch ID or Face ID, which save your time entering in your 4-digit / 6-digit passcode to unlock the iPhone. You can go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and follow the on-screen prompts to set up it.
3. Apple integrates a hidden feature on your iPhone that erases all your data completely after 10 incorrect passcode entries in a row. While extreme, it protects your private data from prying eyes using. Think carefully before using this option.
To turn it on, go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode , enter the passcode, scroll down to the bottom, then toggle “Erase Data” on.
4. Pocket disabled is another situation you may be experiencing. You can make a few tweaks to your settings to minimize the likelihood of unintentionally disabling the iPhone on pocket. Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock, and set the screen to turn off automatically after 30 seconds. It’s also advised to turn off “Raise to Wake” option there as well. In addition, you will want to turn off “Tap to Wake” by going to Settings > General > Accessibility > Touch.
How To Do When iPhone Is Disabled
People ask also, How do you unlock a disabled iPhone?
Also know, How do you unlock a disabled iPhone without iTunes? To fix a disabled iPhone or iPad without iTunes, you have to erase your device. Click on the Erase iPhone option and confirm your selection. Wait for a while as the Find My iPhone feature will remotely erase your iOS device. Needless to say, it will also disable its lock.
Likewise, How do I Undisable my iPhone?
Also Check: Can I Screen Mirror iPhone To Samsung Tv
Connect The iPhone To Computer And Enter Recovery Mode
For an iPhone 8, X or later, SE : After the phone is turned off, hold down the Side button while connecting your device to the computer. Continue holding the Side button until the recovery-mode screen appears on your phone screen.
For an iPhone 7: After the phone is turned off, hold down the Volume down button while connecting your device to the computer. Continue holding the Volume down button until the recovery-mode screen appears, release the button.
For iPhone 6s, SE , and earlier: After the phone is turned off, hold down the Home button while connecting your device to the computer. Continue holding the Home button until the recovery-mode screen appears.
When you get an alert disabling iPhone, starting recovery mode helps undisable it.
The iPhone Is Disabled Error Messages
If you or anyone else enters a failed passcode on your iPhone, you will get disabled. And when you get disabled, you will see a lot of this phrase. This means that all the features on your device are restricted for a while.
Initially, this message comes on your lock screen, along with a statement of how long you have been banned from using your iPhone. Once you enter the passcode wrong more than ten times continuously, you are banned for an indefinite amount of time. You can not access any of your features in the iPhones except resetting the device.
Recommended Reading: Making Free iPhone Ringtones
How To Fix iPhone Is Disabled Connect To Itunes With Drfone
Step 1. Install and launch dr.fone on your Windows or Mac and click on the “Screen Unlock” option from its home.
Step 2. By taking the assistance of an authentic cable, connect your iPhone to the system. Once it is detected by the application, click on the “Start” button to commence the process.
Step 3. Now, you need to put your phone in the DFU mode. The process would slightly vary from one iOS model to another. Just click on your iPhone model option and follow the on-screen instructions.
For instance, if you have iPhone 6, then click on the “Other Phone” tab and follow the on-screen instructions. Hold power and Home button at the same time for the next 3 seconds. Once the next step is enabled, let go of the Power button. Keep holding the Home button until your phone would restarts in the DFU mode. The key combination would be different for various models.
Step 4. As soon as your phone would enter the DFU mode, it will be detected by the application. On the next window, you would have to enter relevant details about your device like its model, serial number, etc. After providing these details, click on the “Download” button.
Step 5. This will start the latest firmware download related to your iPhone. Since it might take a while, try to have a stable internet connection and don’t close the application.
Step 6. Once the firmware has been downloaded, you will be notified. Just click on the “Unlock Now” button to activate your device.
Common Causes Why iPhone Is Disabled Are
- You forgot iPhone passcode and try the wrong combination of passwords multiple times.
- Someone tried to snoop down on your Apple device without your permission.
- Someone stole your device and trying to break in.
- A kid not knowing the consequences keep feeding your iPhone with the wrong combination of passwords.
Thanks to the research team of ikeema.com, now we know the nature of our problem and how it is caused?
So, its time to get to the garage, take out our tools and kick-fix some disabled iPhones.Are you Ready?
You May Like: Delete Hidden Apps
How To Unlock A Disabled iPhone Using A Computer
If your iPhone is disabled, the bad news is that there’s no way to bypass the passcode and simply restart the iPhone if that were possible, anyone would be able to do that, and it would defeat the point of the passcode’s security.
Instead, you need to reset the iPhone to its factory settings and then restore your apps and data from a backup. It’s worth pointing out that this is one reason you should always have a current backup. See our article, “How to backup your iPhone to iCloud, your computer, or an external hard drive,” to make sure your iPhone is regularly creating a backup.
1. On your computer, start iTunes and connect your iPhone using a USB cable.
2. Start your iPhone’s recover mode. Depending on which model iPhone, you’ll need to do one of these two things:
- If you have an iPhone 8 or later, press the Volume Up button, followed by Volume Down, then press and hold the Power button until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen.
- If you have an iPhone 7, press and hold the Power button for three seconds, then swipe the “Power off” slider to the right. Finally, press and hold the Volume Down until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen.
- If you have an iPhone 6s or older, press and hold the Power button for three seconds, then swipe the “Power off” slider to the right. Then press and hold the Home button until you see the “connect to iTunes” screen.
3. On your computer, click “Restore.”
Set Your iPhone Up Again
After you restore your iPhone with iTunes or erase it using iCloud, the way to proceed depends on whether you have an iTunes backup, iCloud backup, or no backup. Follow these instructions after you see the white Set Up screen on your iPhone. If the screen is dark and youre not sure if the restore is finished, press the Home button on your iPhone. If you see the Set Up screen, move on.
- If you backed up your iPhone to iCloud before it was disabled and you used iTunes to DFU restore your iPhone, unplug your iPhone from your computer. . Choose Restore from iCloud Backup during the setup process on your iPhone.
- If you backed up your iPhone to iTunes before it was disabled and erased it using iCloud.com, choose Restore from iTunes backup during the setup process. If you restored your iPhone using iTunes, choose to restore from your iTunes backup using the Set Up screen in iTunes.
- If you dont have a backup, I recommend you unplug your iPhone from your computer and set up your iPhone while its disconnected from iTunes. You can sync your iPhone with iTunes after you set it up, if thats what you want to do.
Recommended Reading: How To Reset Carrier Settings iPhone
How Many Guesses Do I Have Before My iPhone Becomes Disabled
iPhones dont become disabled on the first or second incorrect passcode attempt. Heres how many times you can enter an incorrect passcode before your iPhone is disabled:
- 15 incorrect passcode attempts: No problem.
- 6 incorrect attempts: iPhone disabled for 1 minute.
- 7 incorrect attempts: iPhone disabled for 5 minutes.
- 8 incorrect attempts: iPhone disabled for 15 minutes.
- 9 incorrect attempts: iPhone disabled for 60 minutes.
- 10 incorrect attempts: iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes or iPhone is completely erased if Erase Data is turned on in Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode .
How To Unlock A Disabled iPhone With Itunes
When your device says iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes, the only solution is to connect It to a computer to unlock it again. Hopefully you have a recent backup on your computer, and hopefully you remember your iPhones passcode, otherwise youll be required to wipe your device clean and lose all your data. Yes really. This is why it is important to back up your iPhone frequently.
Steps to unlock a disabled iPhone with iTunes
If you know your iPhones passcode and Had recently synced your device to iTunes, you are in luck. You can restore it as new without loosing data. Follow these steps to fix iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes error:
If you cant remember the iPhone passcode, the only option is to erase the iPhone completely and it will wipe all data using recovery mode.
Also Check: How To Play 8ball On iPhone
Get Your iPhone Xs/xr Disabled Unlock With Dfu Mode
The DFU mode is usually used to perform the deepest restore for a bricked or malfunctioning iPhone. You should manually make your iPhone XS/XR into DFU mode, which can communicate with iTunes without activating the boot loader. In DFU mode, you can update, reset, restore, and repair the damaged software. Before getting started, please keep in mind that all of your data will be lost, and there is a risk of bricking your iPhone XS/XR if the restore process does not go well or complete.
Get your iPhone XS/XR disabled? Unlock by DFU mode:
Step 1. Launch iTunes on your computer. Connect your iPhone XS/XR to your computer using a USB cable.Step 2. Quickly press and release the Volume Up button, then quickly press and release the Volume Down button.Step 3. Once the screen appears black completely, keep holding the Power button, and hold the Volume Down button at the same time.Step 4. After five seconds, release the Power button but keep holding the Volume Down button until your iPhone appears in iTunes.Step 5. Release the Volume Down button, then your iPhone is already in DFU mode.Step 6. Click “OK” to close the popup in iTunes.
Step 7. Under the iPhone DFU mode in iTunes, click on “Restore iPhone” to start the process of restoring your iPhone XS/XR.Step 8. Once the process is completed, your iPhone will reboot. Then you can access your iPhone normally.