How To Screen Mirror iPhone To Mac Wirelessly
When using a Mac, you can mirror the screen to an Airplay-compatible TV. And when using an iPhone/iPad, you can expand the screen size again with AirPlay.
And just like that, your iPhone screen will be displayed on your Mac. You can either exit the setting from Mac or close it from the iPhone Control Center.
Stream Video From Your iPhone iPad Or Ipod Touch To A Tv
To stop streaming, tap AirPlay in the app that you’re streaming from, then tap your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the list.
1. SharePlay doesn’t support AirPlay 2-compatible smart TVs. To stream video with SharePlay, use an Apple TV.
2. Some video apps might not support AirPlay. If you cant use AirPlay with a video app, check the App Store on your Apple TV to see if that app is available.
Can You Airplay From An iPhone To Mac
Here is how to transfer iOS to Mac AirPlay. If you are using an app that supports AirPlay, you can find it in the Control Center or within the app. The Screen Mirroring toggle in the Control Center lets you share your devices screen with others using AirPlay. From the AirPlay list, select your Mac.
Recommended Reading: How To Share Screen From iPhone To Samsung Tv
How To Mirror Your iPhone Screen To Mac With Anytrans
AnyTrans is a comprehensive iPhone data management software, it provides you a Free Screen Mirror tool for iPhone screen mirroring. Here are some of its main features:
- It allows you to mirror the iPhone screen to Mac in a click.
- During the screen mirroring, you can also record or capture the screen.
- In addition, it can help transfer all your iPhone data to another iPhone/iPad, or Mac/PC computer, and vice versa.
- Also, it helps you backup your iPhone completely to protect you from unexpected data loss. And then you can restore them whenever required.
Mirroring your iPhone to Mac with AnyTrans requires a WiFi network. Requirements for Devices are:
Here are the STEPS:
Step 1. Make sure your iPhone and Mac on the same wireless network.
Step 2. and launch it on your Mac.
* 100% Clean & Safe
Step 3. Click the Screen Mirroring option on the left navigation of the interface.
Screen Mirroring with AnyTrans
Step 4. Open up Control Center on your iPhone:
- On iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or later: Swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- On iPhone 8 or earlier or iOS 11 or earlier: Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen.
Step 5. Tap the AirPlay/Screen Mirroring button, and Choose the Name AnyTrans_XXX .
Tap the AirPlay/Screen Mirroring Button and Choose the Name AnyTrans_XXX
Can You Use A Mac Keyboard With Pc
Can I Use a Mac keyboard on a PC? Yes. Just because a keyboard is targeted at Apple users doesnt mean you cant use it on a PC as well. In the case of the Magic Keyboard, its Bluetooth-enabled, so users can connect it to any PC that has Bluetooth capabilities, or they can plug it in via the bundled USB cable.
Don’t Miss: What Does Icloud Unlocked Mean
What Is Airplay To Mac
AirPlay to Mac is a new macOS Monterey feature that allows you to share, play, and present content from other AirPlay-compatible devices on your Mac, such as your iPhone or iPad.
This could be visual content, such as a local video file or YouTube stream. If you want to use your Mac as an AirPlay speaker, you could play music through your Macs speakers from Apple Music or Spotify. Its also possible to mirror your other Apple devices to your Mac using AirPlay.
However, youll need to make sure theyre using the same Wi-Fi network and iCloud account for this to work. The devices involved will also need to run the latest versions of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS.
Mirror iPhone To Mac With Airplay
Assuming your iPhone and Mac support Continuity, and youre running macOS Monterey, mirroring your iPhone to your Mac is a relatively simple process.
To mirror your entire iPhone display, then tap the Screen Mirroring icon, represented by two overlapping rectangles. Tap this, then in the menu that pops up, you should see your Mac available as an AirPlay destination. Select it to start mirroring your iPhone screen.
If you only want to mirror media like a video, simply look for the AirPlay icon as you normally would. The only difference is that instead of an Apple TV or other device, you select your Mac running macOS Monterey as the destination.
Also Check: How To Shoot In Imessage Pool
Why Can’t I Turn On Airplay On My Macbook
If you can’t turn on AirPlay on your MacBook, the chances are that there’s a simple problem that would be easy to solve. Most likely, the issue is:
- Your MacBook and Apple TV aren’t connected to the same network. Your laptop and your Apple TV have to be connected to the same home network to connect the two devices.
- Your Macbook or Apple TV is not new enough. You must have a Macbook computer released in 2011 or later, and you must have a second-generation or later Apple TV to use AirPlay.
- Your computer or Apple TV needs to be updated. If the software, firmware, or operating system on your MacBook or your Apple TV needs to be updated, sometimes the computer can’t connect to the Apple TV. Make sure both devices are up to date before trying to make the connection.
How To Mirror Your Mobile Device Display
You previously could only mirror or extend your iPhone or iPad to Apple TV. With Monterey, you can now select your Mac as a receiver following the same steps.
Choose the Mac you’d like to AirPlay to.
Recommended Reading: How To Connect Ps4 Controller To iPhone 8
Mirror Your Mac Screen:
- Select the device you want to cast to
Use the AirPlay button in the top-right corner of your screen to mirror your screen.
- You may be prompted to enter the code from your TV. Input that code in the window that pops up on your Mac.
- You should now be mirroring your Mac screen. You have a couple of options for adjusting the proportions of the display, and you can access these through the AirPlay button in the menu bar. Click on Mirror Built-In Display to have your TV match the display to the proportions of your Mac screen. Click on Mirror Apple TV to have the display on your Mac match the proportions of the TV display.
- To switch off Screen Mirroring, click on the AirPlay button again. Then, click Turn AirPlay off.
Once you start mirroring your display, you can change the size of the display using the drop-down options from the AirPlay button in the menu bar.
How To Screen Mirror Media From iPhone Or iPad To Mac
Sharing content from a small screen iPhone to the big Macs has never been easier. With the release of macOS Monterey, you can now share or play media from your iPhone or iPad without any additional third party software. Airplay allows you to stream media such as your music or movies from one Apple device or Airplay-compliant device to another.
With Airplay, you can share photos or a presentation with the rest of the team on a bigger Macbook or iMac screen which is better than trying to view content on a small screen. You might want to play a Movie on a bigger screen. There are several use cases of AirPlay and it really depends on you.
Now this feature is supported on 2018 MacBook Pro and later, 2018 MacBook Air and later, 2019 iMac and later, 2017 iMac Pro, 2019 Mac Pro, 2020 Mac Mini. On iPhone, youll need at least iPhone 7 and for iPads, youll need at least iPad Pro, iPad Air 3rd Gen, iPad 6th gen and iPad mini 5th gen. I tested Airplay to from iPhone to Mac using my iPhone SE 2020 and iPad to Mac using iPad Air 3rd Gen. I used the Mac mini 2020.
Also Check: How To Play 8 Ball In Imessage
How To Airplay Presentations From iPhone Or iPad To Mac
1) Open the iPhone or iPad Control Center, tap the Screen Mirroring icon and choose your Mac.
2) Open the Keynote app on your iPhone, and from the Recents or Browse section, choose a presentation.
3) From the left slide navigator, tap the slide you want to begin with.
4) Tap the play icon. Now, the slides will play in full screen on the Mac, and you can use your iPhone screen to move through the various slides of the presentation.
Heres the Keynote presentation mirroring from iPhone to Macs bigger display:
To stop AirPlaying the presentation to your Mac, go to your iPhone Control Center, tap the Screen Mirroring icon> Stop Mirroring.
You Can Now Airplay From iPhone Or iPad To Mac With Macos Monterey Heres How
Apple has finally released macOS Monterey to the public. The update comes with several new features, including Focus mode for notifications, SharePlay, Live Text, and more. Another new feature is the ability to AirPlay from an iPhone or iPad to a Mac without having to install any third-party apps, so read on as we detail how to use this feature.
AirPlay is a wireless protocol from Apple created to stream audio and video from one device to another, such as Apple TV or HomePod. Now with macOS Monterey, users can easily turn their Macs into AirPlay servers. In other words, you can play a song or even share your iPhone or iPad screen and stream it on your Mac.
Recommended Reading: Favorites On iPhone
How To Airplay Spotify Amazon Music Apple Music From iPhone To Mac
If you have songs inside music apps on iPhone or iPad, you can listen to them on Macs incredible speakers via AirPlay. The steps are the same for Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, etc.
1) Play the song in any app you like.
3) Tap the AirPlay icon, and choose your Mac.
Heres the song playing via AirPlay from iPhone to Mac:
Alternatively, you can do the same from inside the individual app. Heres an example.
1) Open the Spotify app and play a song or podcast.
2) Tap the TV-woofer icon from the bottom left. In other apps, this icon will be different.
3) Tap AirPlay or Bluetooth.
4) Choose your Mac under Speakers & TVs.
Now, the music will play from your Macs speakers. During that time, you can use other apps on your Mac as usual.
To stop AirPlay, open the Control Center, tap the AirPlay icon and select the iPhone or iPad speaker or anything other than your Mac. You can do the same from inside the music app by tapping the AirPlay icon.
How Does Airplay To Mac Work
There are three main things you can do when using AirPlay to Mac:
- AirPlay content to your Mac: You can use AirPlay to send content to your Mac from an iPhone, iPad, or another Mac. You can stream videos, view and edit Keynote presentations, and listen to music on your Mac as its played from your other device. It works with any Apple device, whether or not they share the same Apple ID.
- Use as AirPlay 2 speaker: The Mac can be an AirPlay 2 speaker. You can stream music or podcasts to your Mac or use it as a secondary speaker for multi-room audio.
- Mirror or extend the display: You can mirror your iPhone or iPad on your Mac or extend their display by using a Mac as a secondary display for apps such as Keynote.
Read Also: Samsung Smart Tv Mirror iPhone
How To Airplay To Mac From iPhone iPad Or Mac
Starting with macOS Monterey, you can use your Mac as an AirPlay receiver or target display. This new feature lets you AirPlay photos, videos, and presentations to your Macs screen from iPhone, iPad, or a Mac. You can also AirPlay music to Macs internal speakers and even mirror your entire iPhone and iPad screen onto Macs display. Finally, it also lets you wirelessly use your Macs screen as a second display for your iPad or another Mac. This tutorial shows you how to do all these.
Using Airplay To Mac To Play Youtube Content
In this example, were using AirPlay to stream a video from another Apple device to a Mac using YouTube. This feature may work for other video streaming or playback apps, however.
To play content from YouTube using AirPlay to Mac:
Don’t Miss: How To Transfer Large Videos From iPhone To Pc
Why Cant I Open A Docx File On My Mac
docx file will open quite happily in Word for Mac, of course, but it can also be edited in Pages, the nearest thing to a first-party Apple equivalent. Simply drag the file on to Pages or Word in your dock and itll open in the chosen application. (Alternatively, you can right-click the file and select Open With.
How Can I Mirror My Macbook To My Tv Without An Apple Tv Device
If you don’t have an Apple TV device, you can still mirror your screen to a compatible smart TV. If you’re not sure if your TV will work, Apple has a list of compatible devices on its website. Once you’re sure your smart TV is compatible, these steps will help you mirror your screen in no time.
In the Menu Bar, click the Control Center icon.
When the Control Center opens, click Screen Mirroring.
Select the smart TV you want to mirror your screen to from the list of available devices that appear.
You may be prompted to enter a confirmation code on your Macbook to complete the connection. After you enter it, your screen will automatically begin displaying your MacBook screen. You can use the Display Preferences option to adjust how the display on your TV looks and behaves.
When you’ve finished mirroring your screen, you can follow the same instructions above to deselect the TV you’re mirroring to and break the connection.
Recommended Reading: How To Stop iPhone 11 From Dimming
How To Disable Airplay On Your Mac
Once macOS Monterey installs, it automatically enables running as an AirPlay destination. In most cases, this is exactly what you want. That said, Apple doesnt make it obvious how to disable running as an AirPlay destination.
Fortunately, turning off AirPlay on your Mac is an easy process. Open System Preferences by selecting Apple Menu -> System Preferences. Here, select the Sharing preference pane.
At the very bottom of the list to the left, you should see AirPlay Receiver with a checkbox next to it. Uncheck this checkbox, and your Mac will no longer appear to other devices.
If youre looking to disable this because youre having AirPlay issues, be sure to take a look at our guide to fixing AirPlay problems on your Mac.
How To Turn Off Airplay: On Your iPhone iPad Or Mac
How to turn off airplay on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac? Do you ever use Airplay to share content from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac with other devices? If so, you may have wished there was an easy way to turn it off. Airplay can be a great tool for sharing , videos, and music with friends and family, but sometimes you may not want others to see whats on your screen. This article will show you how to turn off Airplay on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac in just a few simple steps.
Recommended Reading: iPhone Soundcheck
How Do I Find My Mac Address Windows 8 Without Cmd
If you are connected to the network, you can also find the MAC address in its status. Just open the networking and sharing center, right click on the appropriate connection and select Status. Then just press on details and note the address shown in front of Physical Address. thats your MAC address.
Mirror From iPhone Or iPad Using Airplay
Another handy way to use AirPlay is to mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to your Mac, Apple TV, or compatible smart TV.
Step 1: Open the Control Center on your iPhone or iPad and tap the Screen mirroring icon.
Step 2: Select the device you want to mirror to from the list.
Step 3: If an AirPlay passcode displays on your Mac or TV, enter it on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 4: To stop mirroring, open the Control Center, tap the Screen mirroring icon, which is highlighted when enabled, and select Stop mirroring.
Also Check: How To Mirror iPhone To Samsung Tv
How To Airplay From iPhone To Mac With Macos Monterey
The Control Centers now playing section gets active when you watch a video or listen to music. It allows you to view the currently playing media, some playback controls, and AirPlay control.
You can use the playback controls to play, pause, rewind or forward, or go to the next or previous tracks. When you want to stop AirPlay on Mac, simply repeat the steps above and select your iPhone, earphones, or any other AirPlay-compatible device in your list.