What To Do Before You Sell Give Away Or Trade In Your iPhone iPad Or Ipod Touch
Use these steps to transfer information to your new device, then remove your personal information from your old device.
Before you sell, give away, or trade in;your device, you should;first transfer information to your new device, then;remove your personal information;from your old device.
You shouldn’t manually delete your contacts, calendars, reminders, documents, photos, or any other iCloud information while you’re signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID. This would delete your content from the iCloud servers and any of your devices signed in to iCloud.
What Should I Be Careful About When Removing My Sim Card
Do not remove the battery before you factory reset your device.; Leave it in place if you plan on selling or giving away your phone so that whoever buys it can use their own SIM card.
Removing your SIM card is different because it does not erase data on your device itself; instead, it removes cellular connectivity by cutting off access between your handset and carrier network.;
This will wipe out messages & caller ID info, calls history etc., though contacts wont be erased if they were synced with Google account .
C Other Reset Options:
To avoid this question of if I factory reset my phone, will I have to reactivate it? , there are other Reset options that might come handy if you dont want to delete all the data
· Reset all settings: This option helps to delete all settings and not any data from your iPhone
· Reset Network Settings: This Option helps in resetting network setting that include user name or passwords for networks
· Reset Home Screen Layout: This option helps in reset home screen and all default groups of apps.
· Reset Keyboard Dictionary: If your autocorrect has been bothering you lately, you can reset it through this option
· Reset Location and Privacy: If you dont want to allow apps to use your location, this option might come handy.
Also Check: How To Make Degree Symbol On iPhone
Soft Reset iPhone X/xr/xs/11/12 With Buttons
A soft reset is simple and can fix minor software problems, this is my preferred trying method to recover the iPhone to normal with the least strength. There is a chance of success
Step 1: Press and hold either volume button and the side button on iPhone X/XS/XR/11/12.
Step 2: Drag the slider, and wait for your device to turn off.
Step 3: To turn on the iPhone 10/11/12 all related series device, press and hold the side button until You see the Apple logo.
Dont Miss: Why Does iPhone Battery Drain So Fast
What Are The Disadvantages Of Factory Resetting Your Phone
1. Factory resetting a device should be done with caution. There are many advantages of factory resetting
2. It will remove all apps that you have installed on the device, including those that came preinstalled and cannot uninstall them yourself like Facebook, WhatsApp Messenger, Instagram, Snapchat etc. So if you find some terrible app or game that you want to remove, factory resetting should be your first choice.
3. It will also erase any data stored on the device such as emails and contacts, photos or music files etc. If this is something you dont want then its best not to do a factory reset.
4. Factory Reset can create more opportunities for cyberattacks. If your device has a lot of sensitive data, such as banking information or passwords, then it can be beneficial to avoid factory reset because the hacker could access all this information when they get into your phone.
5. Factory Reset wont change where youre located on the map. So if you want to be able to use location services after a factory reset, then you should keep your SIM card on the phone.
6. If youre just wanting to get rid of an app or game thats been annoying you for too long and want it gone from the device forever, then removing your SIM card before factory resetting is not necessary because all this information will be erased when doing so.
Don’t Miss: How To Access Blocked Numbers On iPhone
Factory Reset Locked iPhone Without Itunes On Icloudcom
iClouds is Apple’s cloud storage platform where users can sync and back up their device data. More than that, the Find My iPhone feature on icloud.com is a very convenient way to track and find our iOS devices. And it can also be used to factory reset locked iPhone without iTunes.
Step 1: Log into iClouds.com
- Open iClouds.com from the browser of any Internet-enabled device or computer.
- Then input your Apple ID and password as it is on the locked iPhone that you want to reset.
Step 2: Select the device you want to reset.
- Then select the device that you wish to reset amongst the list.
Step 3: Reset iOS device
Once the device has been selected, a new page will be displayed where there are three available options.
- On the screen , click on “Erase iPhone” from the options to send a remote message to your device and it will automatically reset to factory settings.
Note that the device must be connected to the Internet to receive this remote command.
Second Method: Apple iPhone Xr Recovery Mode / Itunes Software Installation
Apple iPhone XR factory resetrecovery modeApple iPhone XRhard resetrecovery mode
- Be sure that your device has at least %50 charge life.
- latest version from Apple official website to your computer.
- Install iTunes to your computer.
- Power off your smartphone and wait few seconds.
- When its off, tap and hold Center key and connect your device to the computer with the usb cable.
- If you have done the process correctly, first Apple logo then iTunes connection icon will appear on the device screen.
- Connect the device to your computer using the cable that packaged with your Apple iPhone XR.
- If you are connecting the device to your computer for the first time,you receive Do You Trust This Computer? warning. Accept it and complete the connection by entering your password.
- When your device appears on the iTunes screen, select your device.
- On iTunes, come to the Summary section and click Restore to iPhone.
First opening can be a little longer than usualRestore Data
You May Like: How To Check Room Temperature With iPhone
Also Check: Samsung Smart Tv Screen Mirroring iPhone
Factory Reset Locked iPhone Without Itunes Using Find My iPhone
Another method that can be adopted by people looking to reset iPhone without iTunes and password is by making use of the Find my iPhone feature embedded in all iOS devices. This method can be used to locate a lost iPhone as well as to lock the device to prevent unwanted access to personal data, and can be used to factory reset locked iPhone.
In order to make use of this feature, you must have previously activated the “Find my iPhone” feature on your iPhone or iPad before it got locked, otherwise this method would not work.
Follow these steps below to know how to reset iPhone password without iTunes using Find my iPhone from another iPhone or any Apple device.
Step 1: Launch Find My iPhone app and Log in
- Launch the find my iPhone app from another different iPhone, iPad or iPod. This will help you make use of this device to factory reset locked iPhone.
- You will be requested to log into the app using your Apple ID and password.
Step 2: Factory Reset iPhone
The next screen will display all the actions that you can perform on your device remotely from the Find my iPhone app, from the list of options, select “Erase”. The option will remotely factory reset locked iPhone wiping everything on the device.
Note: Make sure your iPhone is connected to the Internet to receive this command.
Confirm The Save Route
After selecting files to transfer, youll see a pop-up dialog. Check Save to Folder and click Change to choose a folder on computer to save the files. Then click Transfer Now to start transferring files from iPhone to computer. Just wait in patience, the files would be transferred from iPhone to computer within several minutes.
If unfortunately, you forgot to make a backup of your iPhone before resetting, you can still find the efficient way to recover data from erased iPhone with the help of Leawo iOS Data Recovery. With the tool, all the lost data on your iPhone could be easily recovered easily. It allows you to preview and select the files that you want to recover, which can work easily to scan and search for files and data with very accurate results. It is compatible with all iOS devices and all versions of iOS.
Read Also: Screen Sharing Samsung Tv iPhone
How To Soft Reset iPhone
The second solution would be quite easy. Simply speaking, what you can do is to soft reset your iPhone, in other words, you can try to turn on your iPhone and off again to enable it. You can do this simple step to quickly reboot your iPhone. Soft resetting iPhone is different among various iPhone models. If you have an iPhone X or later, press and hold the power button and the volume control buttons at the same time to wait for the power-off slider appear on the screen. Then follow the options on the screen to power it off. If you have an iPhone 7/7 Plus or previous, press and hold the power button and wait for the power-off slider appear on the screen.
Sometimes You Have To Reset Our Phone In Order To Make It Function Faster And Smoothly
Sometimes, you have to reset our phone in order to make it function faster and smoothly. Or if you want to sell your phone or give it for repair. Most of us dont know all the ins and out of this process and the question emerge in mind of everyone that if I factory reset my phone, will I have to reactivate it ?, So here we will answer your question and talk about all the useful and interesting information about the Phone factory reset
Read Also: Update Carrier Settings iPhone 5
Common Reasons For Resetting iPhone
Performing a factory reset can help improve the iPhones performance. If you find that your iPhone is getting slower, laggy, and often freezes it is time to do a factory reset. A hard reset will give your phone a cleanse and will remedy the problems that it might have.;;;
A common reason for resetting an iPhone is because the user got locked out of the phone. The only way to remove the existing passcode is to perform a factory reset to restore the phones settings.;
Another reason is if a jailbreak has been performed on the phone and a factory reset is needed to troubleshoot problems. A jailbreak is a process that modifies the OS of the iPhone, which can be good and bad. It will give you more power over the phone but will also put your phone at risk as it can affect the phones functionality. If you want to learn more about it, you can check out our article on how to jailbreak iOS.;
The last reason is if you have to give away or sell the iPhone. For obvious reasons, a factory reset is recommended to protect your data and your accounts.
Activate iPhone 7 Via Jailbreak
If you want to how to activate you iPhone 7 without a sim card, you may consider jailbreaking your phone. This option lets you bypass the restrictions imposed on your device. You will need software like Pangu. You can use it to jailbreak your iPhone by following the steps below :
- Step 1: Download the Pangu Software
- Step 2: Connect iDevice
- Step 3: Accept the confirmation message
- Step 4: Wait for the jailbreaking process to complete.
Read Also: How To Access Blocked Numbers On iPhone
How To Completely Wipe Or Reset An Android Phone Before Selling It
Our phones play an intricate role in our lives. We use them as cameras, communication devices, banking kiosks, and confessionals. Every task we tackle leaves a tiny bit of data behind, and unless we take steps to protect it, that information can move from you to a buyer when you sell your phone.
Android manufacturers know our phones hold our hopes and dreams, and they’ve instituted some protections in newer models. That upgrade provides protection if your phone is lost or stolen, but it can also keep your buyer from opening or using the phone.
Wiping your phone protects your privacy and your buyer’s investment. To do it right, you’ll need to follow eight steps.
How To Instantly Delete Apple Id From iPhone Without Password
Step 1. Launch UkeySoft UnlockerLaunch UkeySoft Unlocker on your computer after installation. You will see the main screen of the screenshot below. The program is mainly divided into two major features, one is “Unlock Apple ID” and the other is “Unlock Screen Password”. In this case, please select “Unlock Apple ID” to open the Apple ID removal process.
Step 2. Connect iPhone to the ComputerNext, connect the device whose Apple ID you wish to remove to the computer and trust the connection. Click on “Next” to proceed.
Note: Generally, the program works 100%, but if your iPhone device is running iOS 11.4 or higher, or the “Find My iPhone” feature is enabled, you will see a window showing “The Device is Not Supported“.
Step 3. Start to Unlock Apple IDClick the “Start” button to begin the unlocking process. The program is able to identify your device model and confirm the device before performing any operations.
UkeySoft Unlocker will start removing the Apple ID if Find My iPhone is disabled, and then wait for it finished. If the Find My iPhone feature is enabled, follow this article to learn How to Disable Find My iPhone.
When the Apple ID is removed, you can use a different Apple ID to set up your iPhone without any problem. In this way, you wont encounter an Activation Lock issue, since the Apple ID and password have been permanently deleted from iPhone.
Also Check: How To Change Carrier Settings On iPhone
How To Wipe Your Old iPhone
The last step once everything has downloaded on your new iPhone is to wipe your old iPhone and restore it to factory settings. Be sure to check you are happy everything is on your new iPhone before you do this though because once it is wiped, it isn’t coming back.
Make sure you have unpaired your Apple Watch if you have one and you didn’t do it at the beginning of transferring your data across to your new iPhone.
Following this, you’ll need to delete your iCloud account from your old iPhone. Head to Settings > Tap on your name at the top > Scroll down to Sign Out. Follow the instructions on the iPhone until you have deleted your account. Again, you’ll need your Apple ID.
Next step is to erase the device. To do this, head back to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. You’ll be asked for your passcode, enter it and tap Erase iPhone.
The Apple logo will then appear and eventually your device will return to the “Hello” startup display you saw on your new iPhone. This again can take a couple of minutes so be patient but once you see it, you’re all done.
Activate iPhone 7 Through R
This is another good way to learn how to activate an iPhone 7 without a sim card. This method is simply the cheapest way to activate your iPhone. At this moment , R-Sim is the popular method people are using to activate their device.These SIM are made manufactured by a Chinese company which is called Shenzhen RGKNSE Technology Development Co.
The procedure to follow in activating your iPhone via R-SIM /X-SIM include :
- Insert the r-sim interposer + sim card + adapter tray into the iPhone.
- The interposer setting menu should automatically pop up and let you configure it.
- Otherwise, go to Settings > Phone > Sim Applications to get started.
- To configure, tap Carrier selects, or a similar title.
- From the menu that pops up, select the carrier to which the iPhone is locked.
- If not listed manually enter the IMSI code.
- To do this, tap input IMSI to continue.
- Next select your iPhone model.
- Select carrier mode from the list that pops up.
- You will be prompted to restart iPhone.
Read Also: How To Reset Carrier Settings On iPhone
How To Unlock Your iPhone With Sim Card
Begin by seeing if your carrier offers unlocking. Apple advises that you only unlock your device using this method. So if you haven’t already asked them, contact your carrier so they can initiate the unlocking process and provide the unlock code for you. This process normally takes up to 7 days so only come back to the next section of this tutorial after your device has been unlocked by the carrier.
Step 1: Once the carrier confirms that the device has been unlocked, remove your SIM card and insert the new SIM card you would like to use.
Step 2: Complete the normal set up process and when prompted choose to “Restore from iCloud Backup.” Tap Next to enter your Apple ID and Password and then select a backup to restore the device to.
This may take some time depending on how much data you have on your iCloud backup as well as the speed of your internet connection.
1 How To Factory Reset iPhone With Itunes
iTunes could allow users to factory reset iPhone in an easy way. The following steps would be your reference.
Don’t Miss: How To Add Ringtones To iPhone 11 From Computer