How Do I Recover Old Text Messages And Imessages If I Dont Have iPhone Backup With Icloud
If nothing else works so far no records in phone carrier, nothing found in other devices, no iCloud backup available, you might need to try fully scanning your iPhone internal memory for deleted text messages that months/years old and restoring the one you want back. The program we will used is still the one we mentioned in Part 3 above iPhone Data Recovery. Download link below:
1. To retrieve old text messages from iPhone memory, connect your device to computer with a help of Lightning cable and launch the program. You will get a main screen shown below.
2. Click “Start Scan” to take a deep scan on the device. Be patient, as the whole process might take a while. Once the scan is end, you will get an overview window, indicating how many of data files it found.
3. you can click on the “Messages” category on the left-hand side, and see a preview of specific text conversation on the right.
4. Go ahead and select the desired old messages from the list, and click “Recover” to save them on your computer.
You can also recover your message attachments like link, video, photo under “Messages Attachments” category on the left side menu.
Reasons You Might Lose iPhone Text Messages
One of the tradeoffs we all make for the convenience our digital devices provide is the potential to unexpectedly lose data at the absolute worst moment. Losing text messages can happen even if you have the most expensive and cutting-edge iPhone for a variety of reasons that include:
Restore Deleted Messages On iPhone With Icloud Backup
Now;youll need to erase your iPhone and restore it with the;backup that occurred before the deletion to get back the deleted messages. Heres how:
Don’t Miss: How To Copy Multiple Text Messages On iPhone
How To Check And See If We Have An Icloud Backup
You can check if you have an iCloud backup by going to Settings > click your name at the top of the screen > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. If you have a backup created, this will allow us to get old text messages on iPhone.
You can see here that I have an iCloud backup for both my iPhone and iPad. This screen will list every device that has a backup under the Apple ID that youre using.
Scan Icloud Backup For Old Messages
Step 1.From the main window, select Recover from iCloud Backup and click Start to begin. Sign in to iCloud and then select the most relevant iCloud backup. Click Next to allow the program to analyze the backup for all messages.
Step 2.Select Message in the next window and then click Scan to begin.
Step 3.Once the analysis is complete, select the messages you need and click Recover to save them to your computer.
Also Check: How To Set Up Your New iPhone
Retrieve Old Texts Using Messages In Icloud
Well, if you’re lucky, this is a super simple way to get back your old messages. If you have another iDevice using the same Apple ID, check it and see if your old iMessages and SMS messages still lie on there.
Turning on Messages in Cloud option helps you sync your texts across all of your devices. At the same time, you can remove old message threads from iPhone, but keep the full history on your other devices as long as you turn off the feature on those devices before deleting the old message.
To recover old text threads from your another Apple device to iPhone:
1. Open the Settings app on that device, iPad for example.;;
2. Tap Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store.
3. Tap iCloud.
4. Scroll down to Messages and toggle the switch to ON.
5. Wait for the sync to run. Uploading your old texts to iCloud takes a few time to complete, so you have to stay signed-in to your iCloud account the whole time.
6. Repeat the same steps to turn off Messages in iCloud on your iPhone. When a notification pops up, select Disable and Download Messages.
7. Turn the switch to ON position again.
Leave your iPhone plugged in to power and connected to Wi-Fi. All messages should be back and appeared on the Messages app soon.
This method may not work for everyone, but if it does, you will have saved a lot of time.
Export Text Messages From iPhone To Computer
Whether you want to copy a conversation or the entire text collection from your iPhone, the free iPhone transfer software;- EaseUS MobiMover, will help. It will transfer text messages from your iPhone to your PC, Mac, or laptop and save the texts as an HTML file on the computer, which you can access, view, and print whenever you want to. In addition to messages, this tool also supports photos, videos, contacts, music, ringtones, books, and more. So if you need to transfer more files between iPhone and Mac or PC, you can easily get the job done with this program.;
To export text messages from iPhone:
Step 1.;Connect your iPhone to your;computer and launch EaseUS MobiMover. Tap;”Trust” on your iPhone screen to trust this computer. Choose “Phone to PC” and click “Next”.
Step 2. Select the category/categories you’d like to export from iPhone to the computer. Since you want to save iPhone messages to the computer, tick the “Messages” category. You can change the default path C:\Users\Owner\Desktop to other locations. Click “Transfer”.
Step 3.;Wait for the transfer process to finish. The messages will be saved as an HTML file on your computer. Thus, you can view the details with a browser whenever you want.
Easy? Follow the simple steps to export your iPhone messages within seconds. Afterward, you can ;if you need to.
Also Check: How To Get Sim Card Out Of iPhone 8
How To Recover Deleted Text Messages On Your iPhone With Icloud Itunes Or Third
- You can recover deleted text messages on your iPhone with an iCloud or iTunes backup.
- It’s also possible to use a third-party app to retrieve deleted iPhone messages, though you might need to pay for the app.
- If all else fails, you should reach out to your cellular carrier, as they can sometimes recover deleted messages for you.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you regularly delete your iPhone messages or recently mass deleted them to free up storage space, hopefully you saved the texts you still needed.
But in the case you didn’t, and now need to recover one or more, you can retrieve your deleted texts by restoring a recent backup version from iCloud or your computer through iTunes.
And if you want to recover your deleted messages from your iPhone without having to overwrite your iPhone and lose other data, you can check to see if your iCloud account is backing up your texts or using a paid third-party app.
Here’s how to do it all.
Recover Old Texts From Itunes Backup
Old iMessages and SMS messages are not found in the iPhone’s storage? You may also check your computer and see if you’ve get backup with iTunes and Finder application. Should you created backup prior to deleting the old text threads, it’s possible to retrieve the messages by restoring your iPhone.
Be mindful that this method also wipes out your existing data on the iPhone, including text messages.
1. Launch iTunes and connect your device to the computer. If you’re running a Mac with Catalina 10.15 version or above, open Finder app.
2. When you see the device icon appear in the top left corner, click it. In Finder, select your device name under Location on the left side menu.
3. Under Summary , select Restore Backup.
4. Choose a backup you want to retrieve the messages from.
5. Click Restore.
Don’t Miss: How Tall Is An iPhone X
S To Save All Images From Text Messages For iPhone iPad And Ipod
Recover Deleted Text Messages From Icloud
If you store data on iCloud, or have done so in the past, theres a chance that your deleted messages can be accessed from here. Heres how to recover them:
Any messages that have been backed up to iCloud across all devices on your account are accessible here. Heres how to recover them:
How does ‘Messages in iCloud’ impact message recovery?
You might not be familiar with the term, but iOS 11.4 added a feature named Messages in iCloud. A good few years of iPhone use can leave you with over 100,000 messages. When messages in iCloud are enabled, only the most recent 10% of messages are stored on the phone. By centrally storing your messages in the iCloud, it means any given device on your account can “offload” older messages if it doesn’t want to store the full set.
You May Like: How To Check Room Temperature With iPhone
How To Recover Old Text Messages On iPhone
While All Messages list on your iPhone’s Messages app keeps all your sending and receiving texts, it doesn’t mean you won’t face any problems. You may be affected by an issue where an old message conversation disappeared suddenly for no reason, or you accidentally deleted an iMessage thread and now don’t have a clue about how to get it back.
Losing old SMS messages and iMessages on iPhone can be a nightmare, especially when you have precious memory or valuable information on there. Worse still, there isn’t a “Recently Deleted’ folder, just like photos has implemented on the device, available for you to restore texts from.
Thankfully, though, this problem is not the end of the world. The following are some possible solutions that you can use to try and retrieve old text messages and iMessages. You can directly move to “4. How can you recover old text messages and iMessages if you dont have iPhone backup with iCloud?” part to scan and recover old messages deleted from iPhone storage if backup is absent.
iPhone Data Recovery A quick, flexible and reliable utility to retrieve texts
Using Ios 114 And Above Try Messages In Icloud Out
Messages in iCloud update automatically, so iMessage always shows the same texts!
That means when you delete a message, photo, or conversation from one device, its removed from all devices; signed in with the same Apple ID.
To use Messages in iCloud, you need to turn on a few features first
- Sign in with the same Apple ID;on all of your devices
- For Your Apple ID, turn on;two-factor authentication
- Enable and set up an iCloud Keychain
You May Like: What Is System In iPhone Storage
Recover Deleted Text Messages From Icloud Account
This option isn’t available for everyone, as iCloud doesn’t back up SMS messages in every territory or for all every phone carrier. But if you have the option available, it’s an easy way to restore your deleted messages without losing any data.
1. Go to iCloud.com and enter your Apple ID and password.
2. In the list of apps that appears, click the Messages app icon if it’s present. If you don’t see the messages option, your SMS texts haven’t been backed up and you can’t use this method.
3. Locate the text messages you want to recover.
4. On your iPhone, open the Settings app and tap your name.
5. Pick “iCloud” from the list of options.
6. Toggle off “Messages,” if it isn’t already.
7. In the prompt window that appears, choose “Keep On My iPhone.”
8. Toggle “Messages” back on.
9. Select “Merge” and wait a few minutes before checking whether the deleted text messages reappear on your iPhone.
Part 2 How To Search Deleted iPhone Messages
After a thorough search, if you still couldn’t find the old texts that you need, the iMessages or messages may have been deleted.
To search for old text messages that have been deleted from your iPhone, you can use a tool named FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery. This tool is designed to recover lost, deleted, and hidden data from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It can also be used to check and pull up old SMS, MMS, and iMessages on your iPhone 11, XS/XR/X, 8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus, SE, or 6. And when you find these old text messages, you can retrieve them youâre your iPhone.
You May Like: How To Take Care Of iPhone Battery
How Do I Access The Old Backup And Extract Just The Text Messages In Icloud
Recovering old iMessages and SMS messages from iCloud is far from perfect. You need to factory reset your device and revert it back to the date when the backup was created. So, is there any way to access the backup and just pull up just the old texts from there without erasing your current data and settings on the iPhone?
That’s where iPhone Data Recovery comes in. It’s a simple and easy-to-use program specifically designed for Apple users to recover messages and other types of data. It lets you access your iCloud and iTunes backup to see if it has the missing files you want, preview them and then export and save onto your computer. Best of all, it won’t touch anything on your iPhone.
The program also can recover from your iDevice by scanning its internal memory for delete-but-not-overwrite files.
To retrieve just old messages you seek from iCloud backup, do the following:
1. Download and install iPhone Data Recovery on your computer.
2. Open the application, click the third tab labeled “Recover from iCloud”.
3. Sign into your iCloud account with Apple ID and password. The program won’t save any of your information.
4. Once logged in, uncheck other types of items, click the blue iCloud Backup, followed by Start.
5. The program will start searching for backup you created in iCloud server and finally list them on the window, like the image below.
Scan Itunes Backup For Old Messages
Step 1.Select Recover from iTunes Backup in the programs main window and then click Start to begin. From the list of iTunes backup files displayed in the next window, select the most relevant one and then click Next to begin analyzing the backup file to find all messages on that backup file.
Step 2.In the next window, select Message and then click Scan.
Step 3.Once the process is complete, select the messages you need and click Recover to save them on your computer.
Read Also: Does The iPhone 11 Support 5g
Find Old Messages By Scanning Itunes/icloud Backup
Like we mentioned before, you can find old messages from an iTunes or iCloud backup if you restore the backup to the device. But while restoring the iPhone might bring back some of your old or missing messages, there are a few problems with using this approach. Some of the most problematic include the following:
- You are not able to view the contents of an iCloud or iTunes backup until the restore process is complete. This means that you will not be able to know if the messages you need are actually in the backup until the process is complete. Also, because you cant view the contents of an iCloud or iTunes backup, you are not able to choose which messages can be recovered.
- Restoring a device from an iTunes or iCloud backup is a process that can also lead to data loss. During the restore process, all the data and settings on your device will be deleted. This means that all the new photos, new messages, new contacts and any other new data that may not be included in the backup will be permanently erased.
D-Back helps you avoid all these issues by scanning the iCloud or iTunes backup file and helping you find the missing messages. Heres how to do it: