Way : Force Reboot iPhone To Repair Screen Freeze
Generally speaking, force restart is the easiest way for iPhone users to solve various iPhone routine problems including the screen frozen
1.If you are using iPhone 12 Pro Max/12/X above:
- Step1: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then do the same with the Volume Down button
- Step2: Press and hold the Side button until the Apple Logo appears.
2.If youre using iPhone 6S and 6S:
Plus Press Home button and Sleep/Wake button at same time for about 10 seconds.
If youre using iPhone iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone SE:
- Step1: Hold power and home button at the same time
- Step2: Release all buttons until screen goes black.
- Step3: Press Home button again until apple logo appears
What May Cause The iPhone Stuck On Apple Logo
If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo, you are probably wondering what caused the problem. If you understand the catalyst for the problem, you are far less likely to have it happen again. Check out some of the most common reasons that your iPhoneâs Home screen might become stuck on the Apple logo.
How to solve the issue of iPhone stuck on Apple logo caused by Software problems? Just keep on reading.
What If My iPhone Freezes Whenever I Open A Built
Proceed to Settings and tap on the app you suspect in order to diagnose the problem. For example, if the phone froze while on the Mail app, you should confirm your usernames and passwords are correct through Settings. If Safari is the issue, you can select Clear All History and Website Data on the Safari tab under Settings.
You May Like: Put iPhone Se In Recovery Mode
Frozen iPhone Se iPhone 5s iPhone 5c iPhone 5 Or Earlier
If the app you’re in won’t respond, follow these steps:
- Quickly double click your home button to open the multitasking menu
- Swipe left or right to the app in question
- Swipe up to flick it away
This will shut down the app, which will hopefully then work properly next time you open it.
A little frozen
If your iPhone SE, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, or any other earlier model is unresponsive to the point where the home button doesn’t work, try shutting it down. To do so:
- Hold the top button until ‘slide to power off’ appears
- Swipe to shut down your iPhone
- Hold the side button to power up again
If the above doesn’t do the trick, try a soft reset. To do this, press and hold both the top and home buttons down for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Reset iPhone In Recovery Mode
There is a final way you can try if force restarting is either not working. That is put your iPhone into recovery mode and reset it with iTunes. This is a final method you can try since iPhone data will be erased after reset. You can follow the steps below to reset the wont restart iPhone to factory settings.
You May Like: iPhone 5 Carrier Settings
If You Just Want To Turn Off iPhone When It Is Frozen
When the iPhone touchscreen gets hanged and becomes unresponsive, you won’t be able to access it in any way. Some people might want to turn it off to save battery. We will explain the simple process of how to turn off iPhone when frozen right here â
How To Factory Reset iPhone Without Data Loss
This is the last-ditch solution to fix iPhone problems. To use this method, first of all, you’ll need to back up all your files to iCloud or iTunes. Otherwise, all of your current data will be wiped out. Out of consideration for data security, we recommend you use iCloud to back up your iPhone. If you prefer to use iTunes, you can also use iTunes to back up and restore the iPhone. Here’s how to factory reset iPhone via iCloud:
Back up iPhone data to iCloud before resetting
Step 1. Connect your device such as iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to WiFi.
Step 2. In iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > iCloud > Backup .
Step 3. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on > Tap Back Up Now.
- If you want to back up specific data like contacts, photos, or videos to iCloud, you can also go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage and select your device to check out whether all your data have been backed up or not.
Reset iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with ease
Step 1. Go to Settings > Tap General > Tap Reset.
Step 2. Choose resetting mode: Reset All Settings.
- Do not tap on Erase All Content and Settings. Otherwise, all your settings, apps, and data will be all erased.
Restore iCloud backup after resetting iPhone
Option 1. Restore iCloud backups to iPhone
Step 1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
Step 2. Manage Storage > Tap iCloud Backup > Choose your backups to restore.
Step 3. Wait for the iCloud backup to be restored to your iPhone.
Don’t Miss: How Do You Screenshot On A iPhone 12 Pro Max
Way : Restore iPhone In Recovery Mode
- Connect your iPhone to a computer.
- Launch the latest version of iTunes on the PC.
- Follow the steps to boot your iPhone into recovery mode: On iPhone 8/X or later: Press and quickly release the “Volume” button. Then repeat the action and press & hold the “Side” button. On iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold the “Side” button and “Volume Down” button at the same time. On iPhone 6 or earlier: Press and hold both the “Home” button and the “Side”/”Top” button simultaneously.
- Keep holding the buttons until you get the “recovery mode” screen.
- Choose “Restore”, and you can wait for the device to unfreeze.
Stronger Measures: Fix The Frozen iPhone Problem For Good
If nothing seems to be working so far, you’ll have to move on to a DFU restore on your iPhone.
To do this, you’ll need to connect your iPhone and computer via charging cable. If your iTunes isn’t recognizing your phone, do a hard reset while it’s connected to the computer. A DFU reset should be a last resort, as it’ll delete all of your phone’s data. However, it can be restored, if you have a backup on iTunes or iCloud.
Don’t Miss: iPhone 7 Plus Stuck On Loading Screen
Why Does My iPhone Keep Freezing
There are various possible reasons that result in iPhone freezing and we have highlighted below.
- Older iOS version. When you are running an older iOS version, you need to update it to the latest version. The latest version always has a fixed bug on the latest iOS version.
- Low internal memory. Low memory space may cause your iPhone to freeze since it cannot work properly.
- If you overwork your iPhone it will get hot and this may lead to iPhone freezing.
- Having many apps on your iPhone running on your iPhone is also another factor. Therefore, when you are not using an app ensure that you close it.
In this article, we will show you several ways in which you can unfreeze an iPhone.
Troubleshoot When Your iPhone Freezes
Try each of these steps to see if it helps improve your phone’s performance.1. Perform a soft reset.A soft reset restarts your phone and does not erase any of your content or data.2. Charge your iPhoneIf your iPhone is low on battery, it will attempt to extend the battery life by slowing performance down. If an application or background process requires higher performance, it may make the phone appear freeze or slowdown. Charging your device will provide enough power for the phone to function normally.3. Determine if your phone has low memory.From the home screen, tap Settings. Locate to General > Usage.4. Close background applications.Some apps continue to run in the background after you exit them. We recommends that you close background applications when you’re not using them.If the issue persists, try to use Fix Recovery and follow the guide down below.
Read Also: iPhone Call Forwarding Cancel
Repair Power And Volume Buttons
Chances are that no matter how long you hold down the power button and either of the volume button, you can’t turn off the iPhone XR that is unresponsive. It’s worth check if the Power and Volume buttons are broken. Though this is rare, it could explain why your iPhone XR will not turn off at all.
Here are some solutions when a button isn’t working:
1. Remove the protection case that might block the button press.
2. Check for dirt or debris around the power button, volume up button and volume down button, and clean them with a soft cloth.
3. If the buttons are not working, damaged somehow, you need to set up service with Genius Bar at nearest Apple Store. The problem with physical buttons is not easily fixed on your own.
Try Again: Restart Or Shut Down Your iPhone Xr
Cool, you should unfreeze iPhone XR when it won’t turn off, if you applied the recommended approaches, in order.
There is no single answer to the iPhone not turning off problem. The above tips should be fix most of the software related issues. If there’s a broken button, then you will need to contact Apple Support for help.
Also Check: Can You Play Game Pigeon On Mac
Using Assistivetouch To Restart
- A small circular button appears on-screenthis is your quick action menu
- Go to your Home Screen
- Tap the Assistive Touch on-screen button and select Restart
- Your device restarts and the Apple logo appears on-screen
Why Is My iPhone Xr Touch Screen Not Working
Restart your device
Doing a restart works to fix an unresponsive touch screen on iPhone XR. To restart your iPhone XR, press and hold down the Side button and the Volume up or down button at the same time. When you see the slide to power off, let go of the both buttons. Then, slide the red Power switch to the right.
Recommended Reading: iPhone 7 Screen Mirroring Samsung Tv
How To Force Restart Or Hard Reset iPhone Xr
If your iPhone XR suddenly becomes unresponsive you should try force restarting or hard resetting your device. This typically alleviates the issue.
iPhone XR users are complaining about a variety of issues as we push into 2021. The list continues to grow as Apple releases new iOS 14 software.
Lockups and freezes are among the more prominent issues impacting the iPhone XR. Unlike battery drain and connectivity issues, these problems are often easy to fix.
If your phone locks up and doesnt respond to gestures, we recommend a hard reset. The process only takes a few seconds and it should return your phone to a normal state. Keep in mind, this wont wipe any data stored on your iPhone XR. It simply forces your device to restart.
If you find that your iPhone XR is locking up frequently, you might need to update your apps via the App Store or investigate other potential solutions. If thats the case youll want to check out our guide to fixing common iPhone XR problems.
If you upgraded to an iPhone XR from an iPhone older than Apples iPhone X, you may not know how to force restart your device because you need to use a new button combination.
Heres what you need to do to fix your frozen iPhone XR.
Fix The Hardware Problem
At this point, if you can’t find your iPhone on iTunes or the restoring process seems to be failing, your issue is likely related to hardware. A repair service is your best bet.
Apple’s repair service may be pricey, but you’re guaranteed expert help from Apple Geniuses. Call to make an appointment with the Genius Bar, or visit Appleâs support webpage to start a mail-in repair. As an alternative, you can use Puls, which offers an on-demand iPhone repair service for the same high-quality assistance at a lower cost.
Recommended Reading: Remove Apps From Siri Suggestions
What Happens If The iPhone Doesnt Restart
If restarting your iPhone doesnt fix the problem, or if the phone doesnt restart at all, dont panic. If a forced restart does not resolve the issue and the device freezes again upon booting, then you may need to completely restore iOS, Sutton says. He recommends going to your local repair technician. If a complete iOS restore does not resolve the issue or an iPhone iOS restore continuously fails, then you may be experiencing an issue that requires hardware repair. Here are 12 warning signs its time for a new cell phone.
Why Is My iPhone Stuck On Lock Screen
Before delving into the solutions to this issue, let’s first check out the possible causes. Frankly, there’s no specific reason for the iPhone screen frozen on the lock screen. Still, we have sorted out the relative information and find that the following might be to blame:
- Malfunction apps: Faulty applications could cause unknown disorders of an iDevice, including iPhone frozen on the lock screen.
- iOS glitches: Your iPhone screen is inclined to get stuck or frozen when you update or downgrade iOS to the supported version.
- Hardware issues: The chip hardware failures or the broken screen is also a major cause of this matter. Thus, please check whether the hardware is working properly and decide if it’s necessary to send it to repair directly.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Old Messages On iPhone
Reason 3 Insufficient Storage Space
If you are running out of memory space on your iPhone, your phone will likely get frozen as it can’t find space to store temporary files. And since there’s no space for temp files, the phone gets frozen as it doesn’t know what to do.
Solution. Free up Some Space on Your iPhone
To fix the insufficient space issue on your iPhone, you can delete some content from your device that you no longer use. It could be apps, photos, videos, or anything else that occupies your memory space. Once you’ve gotten rid of some content, reboot your iPhone and you will have gotten rid of the freezing issue as well.
First Solution: Force Restart
This method is often whats needed to get a shaky iPhone back up and working smoothly again from an iOS update. Carrying out a force restart will help end any rogue apps that might have ruined your iPhones performance. Heres how its done:
It may take a few seconds for your iPhone to finish the boot sequence, so just wait patiently until finally managed to access the Home screen.
If your iPhone managed to boot up and worked properly after a force-restart, check and manage its internal memory. This is crucial because your iPhone might be acting up because it ran out of storage. And if necessary, free up some space by deleting old and unwanted contents from your iPhone XR.
Don’t Miss: How To Lock Messages On iPhone 6 Plus
Way : How To Hard Reset iPhone Xr With Itunes
When your iPhone XR wont turn on, you can also use iTunes to hard reset iPhone X instead. Make sure you have the latest iTunes version and turn off the Find My iPhone feature beforehand.
Step 1Connect your iPhone to a computer via the original USB cable. As for the Windows PC, you have to install or upgrade to the latest iTunes version beforehand to perform a hard reset on iPhone XR.
Step 2Hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time. Then keep holding them down for a long period until you find the iTunes logo and an image of your USB cable.
Step 3Go to your computer, you should agree to restore your software and software update. When the whole process is done, you will find iTunes to restore all the data you have saved previously.