Restore Forgotten iPhone Password Using Itunes
iTunes can also be used to unlock iPhone. If you forgot your passcode or your iPhone was disabled due to an incorrectly entered passcode multiple times, iTunes can help you with this situation.iTunes can be used in two different ways to unlock your iPhone, i.e., your data is already syncing through iTunes, or your data is not syncing, and you are not signing in with iTunes.
In the first scenario, do the following:
Step 1:Connect your phone to the synchronized computer.
Step 2:Open iTunes and click sync.
Step 3:When the synchronization is complete and the backup is created, click restore.
Step 4:On your iPhone, tap the Restore from iTunes tab.
Step 5:Select your phone in iTunes and choose the most recent backup.
Step 6:After the above process is completed, you can now create a new passcode on your iPhone.
Now suppose your data is never synced through iTunes. In this case, you have to force restart your phone by continuously pressing the up and home buttons. After that, choose the restore option when the recovery mode is displayed.
Way 2 Remove iPhone Passcode With Icloud
If Find My iPhone is enabled on your iPhone, you can reset your forgotten iPhone passcode via iCloud. You also must have synced your iPhone before.
Fix A Forgotten Passcode By Erasing Your iPhone
Erasing all data from your iPhone also erases the passcode that you forgot and lets you set up the phone again with a new passcode. It may seem extreme, but it makes sense from a security perspective. If your iPhone was stolen, you wouldn’t want it to be easy to bypass the passcode and access your data.
The problem, of course, is that this approach erases all of the data on your iPhone. This scenario isn’t a problem if you have a recent backup of that data to restore onto your phone . But if you don’t, you will lose anything added to your phone between when you last synced with iCloud or iTunes and when you restore it.
Don’t Miss: How To Play 8ball On iPhone
How To Access Your iPhone Or iPad If You Forgot Your Passcode
Method 1: Restore via iCloud
If you have Find My iPhone enabled on the iPhone or iPad in question, you can erase the device via a web browse. Note that this will remove all data from your device, though you can restore from an iCloud backup after the fact.
Heres how to restore your iPhone or iPad via Find My iPhone.
Your iPhone or iPad will now be completely factory reset.
Method 2: Restore via iTunes
If you dont have Find My iPhone enabled, or could not successfully erase via iCloud, you can also do so via iTunes.
The first step is to place your iPhone or iPad into recovery mode.
- iPhone X or later, and iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus: Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off. Connect to your computer while holding the Side button. Keep holding the Side button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch : Power off your device. Connect to your computer while holding the Volume down button. Keep holding the Volume down button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
- iPhone 6s or earlier, iPod touch , or iPad with Home button: Power off your device. Connect your device to your computer while holding the Home button. Keep holding the Home button until you see the recovery-mode screen.
Once youve done that, iTunes should tell you that there is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored.
iPhone Se And iPhone 6s Or Earlier
Be mindful here to turn the iPhone off and disconnect it from the computer before trying this restore method.
1. Press and hold both the home and top buttons at the same time
2. Keep your finger on the home button until the recovery mode screen pops up. Restore your iPhone and your data by setting it up again through iTunes backups.
Once any of the above iPhone models are plugged in, iTunes will tell you that there is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored. At the bottom of this prompt, you have three options: Cancel, Restore and Update. You want to click on restore and wait for the iPhone to finish restoring.
Once it finishes restoring, begin setting up the iPhone again and try and restore your old data via iCloud or iTunes/Finder.
Read Also: How To Block No Caller Id On iPhone
Option : Erasing The iPhone Passcode You Forgot By Restoring Itunes Backup
Actually, Apple still gives you chances to guess it if you enter incorrect passcode less than 9 times continuously. During this period, you can restore your phone from iTunes if you want to quickly open it. Note: This option only works if you’ve synced it to your computer, and you’ve turned off “Find My iPhone”.
Using the lightning cable to connect your phone with your computer. Then, launch iTunes. Once iTunes has detected your phone, click the iPhone icon.
After that, choose “Summary” in the left panel. Then, click Back Up Now button if you don’t have the latest backup. Tip: Make sure your computer has enough space to save the backup file, or the process could fail.
Next, click Restore Backup…, and select the most recent backup to restore, then hit Restore to confirm.
Enter your password if you’ve encrypted the backup. And then iTunes will start restoring the backup file to your phone. Once it’s finished, your device restarts, and you can check if the data and settings you need are restored. By now, you can set up your iPhone and reset a password for it.
Using A Windows Computer
If you’ve previously synced your device with iTunes, you can use a recent backup to restore your iPhone or iPad and reset its passcode. Here’s how to erase your device using iTunes:
Doing this will restore your data to the point in time when you made the backup. Also, it will remove the device’s passcode, giving you a chance to set up a new one. If you have even worse luck and forgot this backup password too, you may still be able to reset a forgotten iTunes backup password.
You May Like: How To Reset Carrier Settings iPhone
Remove Screen Passcode Using Ios Screen Locker
Another easy way is try iOS Locker to unlock your screen lock on your iPhone, and iPad. It only takes 5 – 10 minutes to finish the entire unlocking process without leaking your private information. It’s extremity easy to use and completely erase everything on your device without recovery. It just needs a few clicks and no technical skills required.
1Connect Your iPhone/iPad to Mac Computer
Please download the program and run it on your Mac computer. Launch the program and select “Unlock” feature among all the features.
Then you need to connect your iPhone/iPad to the Mac computer using a lightening cable and click “Start” on the program. Then you need to put your device into DUF mode.
2 Confirm iOS device information
After you put your device into DFU mode, the program will shows all device info including iOS version, phone generation, etc. Choose the correct information based on your device in the dropdown lists. Then click Download the download the firmware for your device.
3 Start to Bypass iPhone Screen Lock
When the firmware is downloaded successfully, just click Unlock button to begin unlocking your iPhone and iPad screen passcode. Just in a few seconds, your iPhone will be unlocked successfully.
Note this method also wipe your data on device, but it’s easy and fast! To be honest, there is no way to bypass iPhone/iPad screen lock without wiping data.
Using Recovery Mode To Change Passcode On iPhone If Forgotten
Recovery mode is essential for fixing iOS software issues, and it can also be used in this context of changing forgotten iPhone passcodes. Below is how this works:
- On an iPhone X/iPhone 8 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button.
- On an iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- On an iPhone 6s and earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top buttons at the same time.
Your device will restart as a new one, you can set a new passcode on it to guard its security.
- All data stored in your phone would be wiped out in this process, make sure youve backed up your important data previously, then you can restore them from iTunes or iCloud.
Don’t Miss: How To Block No Caller Id On iPhone 11
Using Finder To Restore Your Phone
While Apple encourages its customers to regularly back up their iPhones using iCloud, some iPhone owners still prefer the Finder backup method. If you prefer to sync it regularly with a Mac, this option is likely to be among the easiest to get back into your password-protected iPhone.
1. Open Finder on your computer that you use to back up the iPhone regularly.
2. Connect the iPhone to the computer using the lightning cable. As soon as Finder recognizes your iPhone, click on the iPhone icon on the iPhone summary screen.
3. Locate the Restore Backup option in the Summary tab and select the backup you want to use. Finder should default to your most recent backup, if available, however long ago it was.
4. Enter any relevant Apple ID information as you begin the restoration process. This should be the same Apple ID account you used to set up or activate the iPhone.
Finder will now do its thing and restore the backed-up data to your iPhone. It should be a relatively quick process since its only restoring your data and settings. Once its restored, you will then need to manually redownload your apps, music, books, photos, etc.
How To Reset Restriction Passcode When You Forgot
If you set a restrictions password before, and you just forgot the restrictions passcode on iPhone or iPad, then you can use iTunes to solve this problem. You had better back up iPhone before resetting restrictions passcode. Otherwise, you may lose some latest iOS data.
There are two things you need to know if you forgot restrictions passcode and want to reset it.
The first thing is that it does not work if you hit “Erase All Contents and Settings”. You will still be required to provide your Apple ID passcode and restriction passcode, even though you forgot restriction passcode on Apple products already. Another thing you need to do is to turn off “Find My iPhone”, or you will fail to remove the forgotten restriction passcode.
Step 1. Turn off “Find my iPhone”
Open “Settings” and tap your profile on iPhone or iPad. Click “iCloud” button. Scroll down to turn off “Find My iPhone” option. You will be asked to enter Apple ID password, and then choose “Turn off”.
Step 2. Launch iTunes and connect iPhone to computer
Use a lightning USB cable to connect iPhone to computer. Launch iTunes and your iPhone will be detected automatically. Make sure your iTunes has updated to the latest version.
Step 3. Restore iPhone to factory settings
Don’t Miss: Can I Make Keyboard Bigger On iPhone
Reset The Passcode When Synchronized With Itunes
1) To start with, connect the iPhone to the MAC or apple PC for synchronization. Once connected, open the iTunes. Inc case, the device is asking the pass code, switch to another computer that is already in sync with the gadget. The trick is to login to the interface without the password.
2) In the second step, if the device doesn’t work with the phone, click the sync button on the device with iTunes. It is the sure shot way to accomplish the task accurately.
3) After the completion of the backup and the sync process, all that is left is to click on the Restore iPhone link.
4) Once clicked, the IOS set up assistant pops up and prompts the user to invoke “Restore from iTunes backup”.
5) In the last and the final step, you need to choose the device located in the iTunes and select the recently stored backup. In short, following the above-mentioned tips, you can easily by pass the pass code and access the apple phone.
NOTE: You can reset the passcode when not synchronized with iTunes. You can try connecting the iPhone to the computer but if the message says that the iTunes require a pass code or without the passcode, the device would not trust the computer, it is time to use another method for backup. This method will erase everything and settings on your device and should be used cautiously.
How Can I Reset My Samsung Without Password
How do I perform a Hard Factory Reset?
Don’t Miss: How Do U Play 8 Ball On iPhone
Why Are Security Features Needed
Mobile phones store almost all critical user information. It includes personal data, which is necessary for the users themselves but can be dangerous if shared with others. To protect the data from others and prevent them from being lost, every phone comes with security features. Besides, to protect mobile phones from malware, viruses, and infected ads, mobile security is necessary for hundreds of other reasons.Using the respective security features can protect the data, modify it, and share it with specified users.
How To Reset Restrictions Passcode On iPhone Without Restore
Normally, when you forget the Restrictions passcode, you need to restore the iPhone to remove the passcode. But restoring iPhone means that you have to erase everything on the phone. And if you don’t have an existing iCloud or iTunes backup before the Restrictions passcode is set up, you might stand a chance of losing all your data. To reset the Restrictions passcode without restore, there are two handy tricks that you can try at first.
Recommended Reading: Using Airplay On Samsung Tv
Unlock Locked iPhone 12 With Finder Or Itunes Apple Support Recommended Way
Things to prepare:
Step 1. Launch Finder or iTunes on your computer.
Step 2. Put your iPhone 12 in recovery mode.
iPhone 12 Recovery Mode button actions:
On your iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max:
Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Immediately after, press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Recovery Mode screen, showing you support.apple.com/iphone/restore.
Step 3. Plug your iPhone 12 into the computer with a USB cable.
Step 4. Click Restore iPhone, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Then the computer will restore your iPhone 12 with forgotten passcode to factory settings. Wait for the process to be finished. Its worth mentioning that when your iPhone 12 exits the recovery mode when you are downloading the latest iOS packages before restoring, just put it in recovery mode again.
Thankfully, you can restore your data of iPhone 12 later.
Refer here: How to Restore iPhone 12 without iTunes
Alternative Method: Reset Your Passcode Using Itunes
If youve previously synced your device with iTunes, you can erase your device and its passcode on the software. Just follow these steps:
Recommended Reading: How To Remove Mail Account From iPhone