How To Activate A New iPhone In A Few Steps
Most of the time, it should be very simple for you to activatean iPhone. If youve bought the phone new at an Apple Store, cellular provider,or major retailers, its likely you already have a Sim Card installed.
If it is not, however, youll have to do insert the SIM card.Power the phone off then eject the SIM card tray.
Activate iPhone Without Sim Card
When you start setting up iPhone, it will come up with No SIM Card or SIM Required pop-up, as soon as it gets connected to your WiFi Network.
In case of Newer iPhones , the No SIM Card pop-up can be easily dismissed and the remaining Setup process completed, without inserting a SIM Card.
In case of older iPhones , you will see SIM Required pop-up, which cannot be dismissed and prevents you from completing the setup process.
How To Troubleshoot An iPhone That Won’t Activate
If you’re having trouble activating your iPhone, there are a few things that might have gone wrong. Try these troubleshooting steps:
- If the iPhone says that there’s no SIM card installed or the SIM card is invalid, make sure that the SIM card is compatible with the plan you currently have with your cellular provider. If it is, turn your phone off, open the SIM tray, and make sure the card is properly seated. Then reinsert the card and restart the phone.
- Visit Apple’s System Status web page to make sure that there’s a green dot beside iOS Device Activation. If it’s offline, try activating again later.
- If you’re trying to activate via a cellular data connection, go somewhere that has Wi-Fi and try that way instead.
Read Also: Play Pool On Ios 10
iPhone Beginner’s Guide: Familiarize Yourself With The Basics
Once your iPhone is set up, you’re going to want to play around with all of its features. We’ve got some guides to help you with some of the most commonly used features on your new iPhone, from setting up mail, contacts, and calendars to learning about the iPhone camera, Apple Pay, Hey Siri, and more.
Our iOS 15 review is a good place to start if you want a detailed look at the latest features available for iPhone and it may provide some inspiration for ways to get more out of your shiny new device.
Preparation Before New iPhone 13 Activating And Setup
Recommended Reading: Playing 8 Ball On Imessage
Dismiss No Sim Card Pop
As mentioned above, you can easily dismiss NO SIM Card Pop-up and complete the Setup Process on Newer iPhones .
1. Press the Power Button to start iPhone and Slide-right to start the Setup Process.
2. On the next screens, select Language> select Country > tap on Set Up Manually option.
3. Select your WiFi Network> enter WiFi Network Password> tap on OK to dismiss No SIM Card pop-up.
4. On the next screen, tap on Continue to agree to Apples Data & Privacy conditions > setup Touch ID or tap on Setup Later> setup your Lock Screen Passcode.
5. On Apps & Data screen, select Set Up as New iPhone option.
How To Fix No Service On iPhone After Ios Update
Sometimes, no service on iPhone may appear after an iOS update. Some users complained about the issue after they upgraded their devices to iOS 9.3.
In most cases, all you need to do is wait for a while and give your device some time to settle after the update. Of course, waiting does not sound too exciting if you cant send messages and even place calls. There are a couple of things to try:
- Turn off Celular data by going to Settings > Cellular. After that, enable the Airplane mode and leave it on for 15-20 seconds. Turn off the Airplane mode, and enable Cellular data.
- Restart your iPhone
- Reinsert your SIM Card
- Reset network settings. Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings. Tap Reset network settings to confirm your action.
Recommended Reading: How To Delete Subscribed Calendars On iPhone Ios 14
iPhone Beginner’s Guide: How To Set Up Your New iPhone
Right out of the box, your brand new iPhone is ready for you to set up. You’ll be greeted with a friendly “Hello.” From there, you’ll be able to set up your iPhone as brand new or transfer your data from another phone, even an Android phone. As long as you read each page in the setup process carefully, it’s pretty hard to go wrong, though you can always go back a page if you tap the wrong option.
How To Set Up Your Carrier & Service
Remember, your phone won’t be able to make calls right out of the box. It requires a SIM card from a carrier . You may have purchased your phone from Wal-Mart or Best Buy, the Apple website, an online store like eBay, or directly from the carrier of your choice.
If you’ve already set up an account with your carrier to establish your cellular service, then you can visit your carrier’s store or call them to have them assign you a phone number and activate your account. Learning how to activate an iPhone without a SIM card is possible, but it is unnecessarily difficult.
Note: The iPhone X series or later, including all of the iPhone 12 line, supports Dual SIM using a nano-SIM and an eSIM. This means your phone can support two separate data plans. To learn more about your eSIM and set it up, talk to your cell carrier company. To learn more about SIM cards, sign up for our free Tip of the Day newsletter.
Don’t Miss: How Do You Type Degree Symbol On iPhone
Use Quick Start To Transfer Data From An Old Device
How To Move Data From An Android Phone To Your New iPhone
While you can easily transfer photos from an Android to an iPhone, things like apps will have to be redownloaded from the App Store. But you can follow these steps for the rest of your stuff:
This can take a few minutes to complete, but once its done, youll get a prompt to finish the setup on your iPhone.
Setting up your iPhone couldnt be any more straightforward. And, hopefully, this article has cleared up any questions you had before getting started. Heres to an easy setup, and we hope you enjoy your purchase!
Read Also: Net10 Phones Dollar General
Before You Transfer Data To A New iPhone
Before you dump all your photos, notes, and other data onto your new iPhone, make sure youre moving over the things you actually want, not the useless clutter thats taking up space on your device.
Your photo library probably has a good amount of pictures that youve been meaning to clean up, like similar shots and blurry shots. you can use an app like Gemini Photos to help you quickly sift through similar-looking selfies and old screenshots you dont need anymore.
Now that youve cleared some of the unneeded data on your old iPhone, you can get ready for the transfer. Here are a few more things to do in preparation:
- Back up your old iPhone. The last thing youd want is to lose your data in transit and then not be able to recover it because you dont have a backup anywhere.
- Have your Apple ID and Password ready. Nothing less fun than trying to reset your Apple ID or password in the middle of setting up a new iPhone.
- Unpair your Apple Watch. If youre using an Apple Watch, this will create a backup of it, so you can then use it with your new iPhone.
Some Preparations And Attentions Before The Activation
Before setting up iPhone SE 2022, lets first learn some preparations you should make in advance. These preparations can help you complete the activation more smoothly.
â If you want to transfer old iPhone data to new iPhone SE 2022, you can first backup your old iPhone with iCloud or iTunes. Then you can choose to restore from the backup when activating the new iPhone. â If you want to transfer data from the Android phone to new iPhone SE, you can download Move to iOS app on Android phone from Google Play.â If you have already set up new iPhone SE but want to start over, you can go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings to erase the device.â If you get your new iPhone SE directly from a carrier, it will usually come with the SIM card already inserted. Or you may need to insert the SIM card by yourself.
Also Check: 8 Ball Pool Game Pigeon
An Extremely Important Warning
Restoring your iPhone when it cant connect to a cellular network is very dangerous, for this reason: An iPhone has to be activated before it can be used after a restore. If you restore your iPhone and it still says No Service, it will be totally unusable. You wont be able to do anything: not restore your iPhone, not use your apps nothing.
If you have a backup phone available and youre willing to take the risk, restoring your iPhone can resolve this issue, but there are no guarantees. I dont recommend you try to restore your iPhone unless you have an Apple Store nearby.
How To Set Up Touch Id Or Face Id
If at any time your iPhone doesn’t register your fingerprint or your face , no worries. You can still enter a passcode, which you will set up after you’ve set up Touch ID/Face ID.
You can use Touch ID and Face ID for more than just unlocking your device. You can use them to make purchases with Apple Pay and even open apps with sensitive information . It’s a great feature that we definitely recommend. However, you can also opt-out of Touch ID/Face ID and just use a passcode.
Also Check: 8 Ball For Imessage
How To Transfer Everything From Old iPhone To New iPhone
You should give UltFone iOS Data Manager a try as it is a one-stop solution to backup, restore, manage and transfer iOS data. UltFone iOS Data Transfer handles all your tasks in real-time and in the most efficient way. So, whether you want to backup videos to your computer, or restore contacts from your computer to your iPhone, UltFone iOS Data Manager is here to help you. Some of the great features of UltFone iOS Manager are:
- Transfer everything from old iPhone to new iPhone.
- One-click to export photos from iOS device to computer.
- Selectively backup and restore data without erasing iPhone.
- Import/export/delete/edit iOS data as you want.
Here’s a simple guide on transferring data from the old iPhone to new iPhone using UltFone iOS Data Manager.
Back Up Your iPhone To Your Mac Using Finder
Recommended Reading: Recover Deleted Apps On iPhone
What Are Your Options For Setting Up A New iPhone
After you take your iPhone 13 out of the box and turn it on, youll have to go through the previously mentioned setup screens, one of which is the Apps & Data screen. Thats when you can decide to set up your iPhone by using one of these methods:
- Transfer everything from a backup or another iPhone
- Set it up as a new device without any data
- Migrate your data from an Android device
How To Transfer Data From Your Old iPhone To A New iPhone
If youve already set up your iPhone as a new device, then youll have to erase it to get to the transfer options. After you do, follow these steps:
Read Also: How To Play The Pool Game On iPhone